Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems this scarf took forever, though I set it aside to knit for my new grandson and to knit Holiday Gifts.

The pattern is by Lucy Neatby..not a free pattern but one that is worth buying since you get directions for 2 versions of the scarf.

I used a set of gradient dyed yarns. Actually there are 8 different colors in the scarf.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only stitch used in the entire pattern is the knit stitch. You must be able to do the cable cast on to make the picots that edge the scarf and you must be able to work short rows. So it is not difficult at all. It is a tedious pattern though so keeping track of rows is just about mandatory.

The rounded ends of the scarf are formed by knitting 4 "wedges" of 28 short rows. The "body" of the scarf is knit in wedges also, 11 rows to each wedge on each side of the scarf.

I did one in sequined yarn that came out fantastic. You'll get your money's worth from this pattern and whatever yarn you select..lots of hours of knitting enjoyment.

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The yarn is not one that's available at retail locations. It's hand spun and hand dyed. There is a shop on Etsy that sells gradiant dyed yarn packs though. I used about 550 yards of two ply merino.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
that looks great. i did the ruffle/potato chip scarf and i was so bored with it i wanted to toss it and forget about it. i took it to the hospital for my hubby's dr appts. as i would be more bored doing nothing than working on it. such perservance. well done.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom