Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this forum has a great amount of knowledge concerning patterns on many items. I am trying to find a corset pattern for petite women. I know this group has made many a marvelous item of clothing so one must ask the experts on what works and what does not. My DD has Slipped Rib Syndrome so I would like to help her have a few corset to wear when she goes out. She has the medical type but something less bulky for when it starts getting hot again in Spring. I also crochet so those designs are also welcomed. thanks

· Registered
8,113 Posts
Won't be enough support in either knit or crochet. Yarn won't help her at all.
She needs to wear the medical kind to be any benefit. Yes, they are hot.
I do not have any experience with the syndrome but I wonder if a costume style corset with the addition of boning would work. Some crochet can be very rigid. Just trying to spitball a possible solution.

· Registered
1,104 Posts
All you major sewing pattern brands have corset patterns. And I remember one of the easily found knitting magazines had a corset pattern in it, however that was more than a decade ago. Since most of these magazines no longer exist... you might try old patterns from Vouge knitting or Interweave

· Registered
8,336 Posts
Article says the book should be at your local library:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top Bottom