Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am so excited about how many of you want to participate in the secret swap. I know that you are wondering about what to send,etc. I will, if I can figure it out, post some pictures with examples of what you can do. These will strictly be examples. You are all so creative you probably don't need to see anything, but visual materials always works for me. It gets my creativity going. I will post these pictures in the next day or so. I will have to do it when I get home this evening. If you have any questions please PM me. I have already gotten questions and I hope that I have answered them adequately. Again I want this to be fun and learn more about our fellow knitters, crocheters, spinners, etc. Thanks for all of your support.

Tracy H

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
I didn't sign up for this one, but I have participated in others though some other sites. I was curious, do you have a "required" monetary amount set? This usually works best so that everyone ends up with items of fairly equal monetary value.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
courier770 said:
I didn't sign up for this one, but I have participated in others though some other sites. I was curious, do you have a "required" monetary amount set? This usually works best so that everyone ends up with items of fairly equal monetary value.
We have a set amount of $10.00.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have done these swaps before in other groups. I find that if you set a theme it works best. Do a questionarre and then decide on partners. This way you find out what if anything that someone is allergic too; like me I am allergic to cigarette smoke.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
knittingnana said:
I have done these swaps before in other groups. I find that if you set a theme it works best. Do a questionarre and then decide on partners. This way you find out what if anything that someone is allergic too; like me I am allergic to cigarette smoke.
We do have a questionaire that everyone fills out. You will find it in the April Secret Pal Swap Post.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I'm looking forward to it....Thanks for putting it together for us : )

·
Registered
286 Posts
Jenny Line said:
Had not heard anything about the secret pal swap. Can someone tell us about it?

Jen:)
Here is the original Questionaire Post from TracyH:

On second thought I will just copy and paste all of the instructions and what needs to be done right here....

Let the sign up begin!

This is a monthly secret pal swap. There is a sign up every month. You can choose whether or not to participate each month. You will get a different partner every month, and the person you send to will be different than the person you receive from.

You do need to send me a PM (private message) every month. It makes it much easier in keeping track of people monthly instead of for multiple months. Please don’t post a message on the thread about signing up, as I may not see it and I want to make sure that your personal information is confidential.

Each month I will post a new information sheet for you to fill out, due to minor changes about holidays, personal preferences, change of address, etc.

If you would like to participate please send the following information to me in a PM. If you are international, feel free to join!

When sending me the following information please make sure that you send me a valid email address and phone number so I will be able to contact you if I need to.

Screen Name:
Address:
City, State, Zip:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Favorite Colors:
Favorite Yarn:
Favorite Yarn Weight:
Favorite Candy:
Your Favorite type of Needles (bamboo, metal, etc.):
Do you prefer Straight, Circular, DPN’s or Crochet Hooks?:
Least favorite Color:
Least favorite Candy:
Least favorite Yarn:
Do you prefer Hand Knitting, Loom Knitting, or Crocheting?
Is there anything that you like to collect?
Besides Yarn work what do you like to do?
Allergies:
Do you celebrate Easter or are you opposed to receiving Easter related items?:
Can you mail international?
Favorite thing:
Anything you would not like to receive:
Do you drink any hot beverages? Preferred?
Additional Info (the more info you provide, the better):

This form is given to your secret pal. The more you put on there, the better she/he will be able to get things you’d like. Additional information may be helpful to them as well.

There is a $10.00 budget for this swap. The ten dollars can, or cannot include things from your stash. Postage isn’t included in the ten dollars. The most important thing to remember with the budget is to have fun, but please DO NOT spend more than $10.00.

Sign ups will close the 26th of each month, and names will be paired on the 27th and sent out by the 28th.

Send your package as early as you would like! But they must be sent out by April 19th.

I really want to stress that if you sign up, please, PLEASE follow through. It is a horrible feeling to not receive a package. I will be keeping a list of people that don’t follow through. I am sorry to be a little hard nosed about it, but it isn’t right and if we don’t swap fairly they may not let us anymore. So please follow through.

You must ship your package using a method that provides tracking and delivery confirmation. You can purchase it at the post office or if you print postage, it is free for priority mail and approximately 20 cents for all others.

If your pal does not receive her/his package within a reasonable amount of time (14 days max for within the same country, 30 days for between countries) I will contact you. If they still have not received it 14 days after that, I will contact the Administrators and let them know. You will not be allowed to participate in any more Secret Pal Swaps.

It is all about fun, so please have fun with it. Isn’t it great to meet other fellow knitters and brighten up someone’s day with a fun package in their mail.

If you have any questions, please PM me and I will try to answer as quickly as possible.

Thank you in advance for participating. I think it is going to be so much fun for all of us.
TracyH

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom