Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of knitters for babies have been in mourning because the Jacquard line was discontinued a couple years ago. Sorry, I don't remember it's maker. Today I received an email add that included patterns knit up in Hayfield's Baby Blossom yarn. It is very similar to the earlier brand. If you like that tiny floral effect in your baby yarn, you might want to check it out.

·
Registered
23,697 Posts
Quiltermouse said:
I know a lot of knitters for babies have been in mourning because the Jacquard line was discontinued a couple years ago. Sorry, I don't remember it's maker. Today I received an email add that included patterns knit up in Hayfield's Baby Blossom yarn. It is very similar to the earlier brand. If you like that tiny floral effect in your baby yarn, you might want to check it out.
Seems like it is only in chunky though

·
Registered
8,550 Posts
Quiltermouse said:
Also, Ice makes a yarn called Baby Design that I have been told is very similar. They sell it at Yarn Paradise in Turkey. The socks are made using Baby Design.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
kdpa07734 said:
I think Mary Maxim had some, too
yes!!!Mary Maxim has that yarn....Mary Maxim Baby Blankie...One BAll Makes A Blanket..100% acrylic worsted...695 yds per 10.5 oz ball for $9.99...6 colors...3 different free patterns with purchase of yarn...Herrschners has some yarn like that but don't know if it is the same type pattern or self striping....i had 2 balls ea of 2 colors of the Jacquards...when discovered discontinued...i made 2 baby blankets as far as the yarn would take me...did different basket weaves...just in time!!!my oldest daughter needed 2 blankets for 2 diff showers and i had just finished them...need to make more blankies...going to buy from MM....

·
Registered
8,659 Posts
The jacquard line of yarn is a Bernat product. My LYS has the new Bernat jacquard line of yarns in stock. They stopped making the pastels and now are making the jacquards in bright colors. Plymouth yarn has a line of pastel jacquard yarn the only downside is they are a light worsted weight but make beautiful baby sweaters.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
marthalj said:
I have used this yarn Snuggly Crofter Baby Fair Isle Effect DK for GD sweater. It feels and looks lovely. DIL says it is a favorite but GD is already growing input if it. Used Flax Sweater pattern.
Sweet baby and wonderful sweater/hat.

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
K2P2 knitter said:
The jacquard line of yarn is a Bernat product. My LYS has the new Bernat jacquard line of yarns in stock. They stopped making the pastels and now are making the jacquards in bright colors. Plymouth yarn has a line of pastel jacquard yarn the only downside is they are a light worsted weight but make beautiful baby sweaters.
This place sells a good selection of self patterning baby yarns in DK weight. They are in Turkey with quick delivery to the US (less than a week). Also their prices are very reasonable. The pictures are from their website.

https://www.woollyandwarmy.com/collections/cicibebe-deseni-kendinden

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom