Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go to the Farmers Market every Sunday. At one of the stands a woman was selling soaps, loations, lip tints, and a long with some of the soaps she paired a wash cloth with it. The woman who was working at the stand wasn't the person who made the products but said that a family member of the woman who made the products, made the washcloths. I did buy some goats milk lotion & raspberry lip tint. I have been thinking for a few weeks if i should get into contact with the woman who makes the products and ask if she she would be interested in my wash cloths. I just don't know how to go about it, or even if i should.
Her e-mail is on the bottle of lotion.
Thanks for everyones thoughts on this :)

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
oh my gosh... my sister has a goat milk buisness I should ask her if she would like some wash cloths to go with her products... what a great idea... its all done in white.. maybe a retro would be nice.. some with a red, blue, or green trim... I will get on this right away... the reason I am thinking this is because at work I can only knit for maybe 5 minutes at a time... and thats enough to get a few rows done... :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I agree. Be sure it is clear to both of you what she should sell the cloths for and what percentage of that sale you should receive.

Depending upon how she keeps her records, you might want to include a sheet of paper listing the number of cloths, which types they are, sizes, etc. and include the suggested selling price so she doesn't have to remember on her own.

Good luck!

May you both prosper.

Jo

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get on it sister!
Ronie said:
oh my gosh... my sister has a goat milk buisness I should ask her if she would like some wash cloths to go with her products... what a great idea... its all done in white.. maybe a retro would be nice.. some with a red, blue, or green trim... I will get on this right away... the reason I am thinking this is because at work I can only knit for maybe 5 minutes at a time... and thats enough to get a few rows done... :)

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they were home made.
not enough yarn said:
I'm confused were the wash clothes store bought or homemade? I understand the other products were homemade but if the wash clothes were homemade would she want to buy someones. If not homemade go for it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
go for it.
where I live there was a new baby shop opening up and I asked the lady if she was interested in some hand knitted aran cable winter jumpers, jackets, she jumped at the chance just got to go and price them up but NOT giving them away at a silly price, and by the way I walked past that shop a few times before I was brave enough to go in and ask. but don't let your cloths go for silly prices.
good luck

·
Registered
982 Posts
The worst thing she'll say is "NO". Give it a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Tell her you know how time consuming it can be to make them and that you can do them for her at the drop of a hat and that you could even customise them for her, or perhaps use a pattern, or a colour, that could be 'uniquely hers'. Natalie

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Absolutely, send her an email. You never know what may come of planting this seed, even if she initially tells you "thanks, but I already have someone"
You never know. It's definitely worth putting it out there.

·
Registered
13,670 Posts
It never hurts to ask. I would give her a call and explain that you would furnish some washcloths at $Xs. I don't think I would give them on consignment.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am not quite sure what I am getting myself into, so I'm going to take it one step at a time and contact her fist.
Neeterbug said:
It never hurts to ask. I would give her a call and explain that you would furnish some washcloths at $Xs. I don't think I would give them on consignment.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom