Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hobby Lobby had these tonight; I bought two styles. K & C. They're darlin', Darlin'!

Three different tags per package, too for $2.99 and some definitely have room for initials. A second brand was availale, also but only in the knit version. I don't know if they were out of stock or didn't carry it in the C version. My purchased brand = Wrights.

Hobby Lobby has a .com site and e.mail newsletter. Twice a month or so, they will e-mail you with online or in-store promos, have shipping deals going on + a coupon for 25 - 40% off for either online or in-store purchases.
~~~~~

·
Registered
177 Posts
Herrschners has labels that are much less expensive and the wording is far more generic. The ones I've used for years say "Made especially for you by Marilyn Burge." I forget the price, but for a really small price I got enough to last me for the rest of my life.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(((((( Sweet!

I used to get their catalog Hershnner's). Do you get it? I'd marvel over the kits one could buy but preferred having my hands on the yarn first.

Did you order your tags or do they have this brand in a store near you?

I don't get to Wal-Mart often but the next time I'm there, I'll peek.

Nite-Nite!
~~~~
Marilyn said:
Herrschners has labels that are much less expensive and the wording is far more generic. The ones I've used for years say "Made especially for you by Marilyn Burge." I forget the price, but for a really small price I got enough to last me for the rest of my life.

·
Registered
525 Posts
A while back I came across an article on how to make your own tags. Cut material and use waterproof ink and stamp a design or sign your name, or whatever. Even a little mini crossstitch would work! All kinds of possibilities!

·
Registered
205 Posts
e.ridenh said:
(((((( Sweet!

I used to get their catalog Hershnner's). Do you get it? I'd marvel over the kits one could buy but preferred having my hands on the yarn first.

Did you order your tags or do they have this brand in a store near you?

I don't get to Wal-Mart often but the next time I'm there, I'll peek.

I get the Hershnner's catalog regularly. Have ordered several kits from them, and liked them all. They were all for baby afghans, and still have one to do. Always had a little yarn left over too. As for tags, back when I was into quilting, I bought a book that had iron-on patterns for tags that were sewn onto the back of the quilt. You used fabric markers to color the designs and write the appropriate info. Most of them had cute designs and little sayings that went with them.
Nite-Nite!
~~~~
Marilyn said:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom