Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((( Hi, Janey!

Did you slip the first stitch as if to purl in this pattern? Doing so will produce two visible loops that can be easily seen to join with the other side's two loops. Perhaps you didn't and now have have those bumps to deal and they don't show clearly where to stitch........

What I'd do first is pin the seams perhaps in three places so the ends are square then add the middle pin. This should aid you as you start to stitch.

I would stay with yarn. Clunky, eh? Try it again with the pins and see what happens. K? K! LOL!! Your seams should be holding.

There are four ways, at least, to seam:

Pin only (some crocheted hats are like this for a funky look)
Sewing by machine
Weaving in and out of the mated loops
Whip stitch
Blanket stitch.

I'm thinking I'd choose the weaving to mate up the loops as best you can see them; It's your choice though. I do believe that pinning them first will help 100%. @@

Good luck & HAND!
~~~~~~~
Janey said:
What's the best way to sew up booties knit all in one piece -- sewing w the yarn looks so clunky! Should they be sewn from the inside? Seams don't really hold either. . .thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
e.ridenh said:
(((((((( Hi, Janey!

Did you slip the first stitch as if to purl in this pattern? Doing so will produce two visible loops that can be easily seen to join with the other side's two loops. Perhaps you didn't and now have have those bumps to deal and they don't show clearly where to stitch........

What I'd do first is pin the seams perhaps in three places so the ends are square then add the middle pin. This should aid you as you start to stitch.

I would stay with yarn. Clunky, eh? Try it again with the pins and see what happens. K? K! LOL!! Your seams should be holding.

There are four ways, at least, to seam:

Pin only (some crocheted hats are like this for a funky look)
Sewing by machine
Weaving in and out of the mated loops
Whip stitch
Blanket stitch.

I'm thinking I'd choose the weaving to mate up the loops as best you can see them; It's your choice though. I do believe that pinning them first will help 100%. @@

Good luck & HAND!
~~~~~~~
Janey said:
What's the best way to sew up booties knit all in one piece -- sewing w the yarn looks so clunky! Should they be sewn from the inside? Seams don't really hold either. . .thanks!
thank you! what does HAND mean? When you suggest weaving, do you mean weaving w a yarn needle/crochet hook? can't wait to try this!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom