Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks ahead for all the help I know I'll receive here! I'm knitting "Shady Lady" shawl ( free on Ravelry) as my first shawl. I have gone stitch by stitch reading the chart and have gotten through the first section of the zig zag chart ( 1-48 ) I understand the "right" and " left " of center, but I don't understand how to read the chart when I'm to repeat rows
1-26 of the zig zag chart..because it has increased as I go, how can I start over on the bottom of the triangle again?
Thanks!! I may be too ambitious, but I want to conquer this!

·
Registered
30,096 Posts
You do as the instructions say and knit rows 1-26, as many times as the pattern specifies.

See the pink section? When you knit up to it, repeat this pink section as many times across the row as it will fit before the center of the shawl. Then start the chart for the left section, until you have repeated the pink section across the row. As you continue to increase, there will be more repeats of the pink section.

Don't worry, it will be fine. Really! Also, refer to the instruction section in the pattern. It explains the colors used in the charts.

Well, it's late here, and I need sleep. If you hit a snag, ask for additional help, and someone will be sure to help.
Nighty night! ????????????????

My edit: No, you are not being too ambitious! You're taking on a challenge, and you will be successful at it. We'll help you!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beachgirl1000 said:
You do as the instructions say and knit rows 1-26, as many times as the pattern specifies.

See the pink section? When you knit up to it, repeat this pink section as many times across the row as it will fit before the center of the shawl. Then start the chart for the left section, until you have repeated the pink section across the row. As you continue to increase, there will be more repeats of the pink section.

Don't worry, it will be fine. Really! Also, refer to the instruction section in the pattern. It explains the colors used in the charts.

Well, it's late here, and I need sleep. If you hit a snag, ask for additional help, and someone will be sure to help.
Nighty night! ????????????????

My edit: No, you are not being too ambitious! You're taking on a challenge, and you will be successful at it. We'll help you!
THANK you so much! I didn't understand the "pink repeats" - may have to frog, but it looks ok to me!

·
Registered
30,096 Posts
Bummy said:
THANK you so much! I didn't understand the "pink repeats" - may have to frog, but it looks ok to me!
The squares in pink are the stitches you repeat. When you come up to them, knit the pink squares. Instead of knitting the white squares now, go back to the first pink square, and knit them again. Continue to repeat the pink squares over and over, then as you approach the center of the shawl, knit the squares in white. Knit the left side the same way.
I hope this is clear. Ask for help whenever you need it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beachgirl1000 said:
The squares in pink are the stitches you repeat. When you come up to them, knit the pink squares. Instead of knitting the white squares now, go back to the first pink square, and knit them again. Continue to repeat the pink squares over and over, then as you approach the center of the shawl, knit the squares in white. Knit the left side the same way.
I hope this is clear. Ask for help whenever you need it.
THANKS again for all your help. I really appreciate it! I'm having fun (straining my main brain vein) learning something new, but I couldn't do it without your help. It's fun to watch it grow!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom