Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused about the directions for this simple sweater. I have gotten to the part where you divide for the sleeves and am wondering if I did this right. I am making the size small and am increasing for the raglan seams and at the front opening. According to the pattern, where do you stop making increases for the "V" neckline? What row do you stop making the raglan increases? Would greatly appreciate any help you can offer. There's something about how this pattern is written that just isn't clicking in my brain. Thank you all.

Joanne ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
As you are increasing, when you get to 206 sts, you separate sleeves from body. You work in St st for 16 rows and you increase on the front on rows 3,9,13,15,17. Which means at the end of your 16th row, which should be WS, you will do 1 more increase, row 17, and then you begin the waist shaping.
Does that help? I made one, but messed up royally on the first sleeve when I went to take them off my waste yarn. Had to frog the whole thing. Just started it again with different yarn. :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Myrna Pouyatt said:
As you are increasing, when you get to 206 sts, you separate sleeves from body. You work in St st for 16 rows and you increase on the front on rows 3,9,13,15,17. Which means at the end of your 16th row, which should be WS, you will do 1 more increase, row 17, and then you begin the waist shaping.
Does that help? I made one, but messed up royally on the first sleeve when I went to take them off my waste yarn. Had to frog the whole thing. Just started it again with different yarn. :)
I thank you for your quick reply, but am now more confused than I was before. :(

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My sleeves are on waste yarn. The front shaping is unclear. I didn't see the directions to increase the front on rows 3, 9, 13, 15 and 17. I have been increasing every other row and now the fronts seem too wide.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You stop making increases when you have 206 sts on your circular needles. Then you separate the sleeves from the body, to do this you purl 26 sts to marker, and then you place 46 sts on to holder. Read the section that says separate sleeves from the body.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You should have increased on rows 34, 36, and 38. This was after you worked a total of 33 rows, doing your raglan increases, but not front increase. It sounds as if you have been increasing on the front alone with your raglan increases.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Myrna Pouyatt said:
You should have increased on rows 34, 36, and 38. This was after you worked a total of 33 rows, doing your raglan increases, but not front increase. It sounds as if you have been increasing on the front alone with your raglan increases.
Thank you Myrna. Ribbit! Ribbit! Dont like this pattern. Way way too confusing. Need to find something similar without so much errata.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So sorry. It's a really cute sweater, but I agree not well written. I would only allow myself to read a little bit at a time, just doing the next step slowly. It was turning out beautifully until I messed up picking up my sleeve sts. Grrr! Had to frog the whole thing and the body was completely done. I almost didn't want to try it again, but I really liked it, so, here I go again.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The light bulb is dim tonite. :( I went to Ravelry only to find tons of poorly written errata. I'm ripping and will work on something else tonite. Might try again tomorrow. Thank you for trying to help me. Joanne

·
Registered
15 Posts
So glad to hear you are trying it again. So am I. I'm making gauge swatches to find the prefect yarn and needle combo for it. I usually don't swatch, but I'm learning that if you want a well fitting sweater, swatch! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom