Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found myself at this website as I've wandered around looking for a pattern for a shawl that has one button hole & three buttons. A friend gave me one for a gift & I know I can knit this myself. What I don't know how to do is finish it with ruffled edges on all four sides. The shawl is rectangular. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((( You can surf for:

Knit edge stitches
.......and view the draw. There are some sweet ones, too from short picot, bobble, scalloped and ruffled.

One can crochet a ruffled edge, too making picking up a long side of stitches so much easier.

Good luck!

Donna Rae
~~~~~
tandes said:
I have found myself at this website as I've wandered around looking for a pattern for a shawl that has one button hole & three buttons. A friend gave me one for a gift & I know I can knit this myself. What I don't know how to do is finish it with ruffled edges on all four sides. The shawl is rectangular. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Saw your post and I also got the three button pattern # 247. What yarn did you get? The yarn they suggest is discontinued. I know any worsted but I like to knit with the yarn recommended (stupid habit.) I just saw this wrap Sat. in a boutique ,machine made, heavy cotton, beautiful spring colors, great buttons---sold for $50.00. I said great deal,who would do all that work, buy yarn and buttons, blah, blah, blah---and here it is Monday, and now I have the pattern. I am nuts!!!!!
PS store bought did not have cable, or edge---just plain

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a Misti Alpaca in the Early Spring color. It is a slightly variegated apple green. I will goof around a bit with the gauge but it's not so important with this pattern of course. I laughed so hard reading your post! :) I felt the same way. Pure Knit manufactures the 'store bought' ones and they are only $50 but I chose to spend $65 so I can tell everyone I made it! AND, I like the cable feature of the pattern. It gives the shawl a little attitude!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom