Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post in this section. It's a simple shawl I made for my niece, who is starting chemo next week. I wanted to send something to wrap her in comfort when the cool weather arrives. The pattern was purchased on Ravelry: Utilitarian Faroese Shawl.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
It is beautiful, I love the colours, I am sure it will bring your niece a lot of comfort, she will feel your love in that shawl every times she puts it on.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I made the shawl because it was something I could do for her from far away. I've also sent her a few little dishcloths to open as a little treat as she went through radiation.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I like this nice solid looking design. It looks very warm and useful. I made a prayer shawl for a friend and did not realize she had not heard of them and thought it was a shawl to pray in rather than to snuggle in. I found that she was using it to drape herself in as she prayed before she went out the door. I thought I had explained it and even had the card in with it. However she used it, it is full of both our prayers.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom