Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished my shopping bag. This called domino knitting, or building modular blocks. The pattern is available from Interweave, on their site or in the Spring 2009 issue of Interweave Knits. They call it 'Net Duffle Bag'. Fun to knit if you like a challage and just something different. This is the second one I made. The first was for my sister-in-law, as a thankyou, hostess gift, when we stayed for a few days at her home in San Jaun, WA. Gorgeous holiday. We could see eagles from her deck, and saw whales in the bay! I chose to make a lining for each. Hers is removable like another bag inside with a draw string. Mine I'll sew in. Not done at time of photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
cool....I bet your sister-in-law was thrilled. I wish I had a sister-in-law as talented as you : )

·
Registered
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I noticed you are from CO. In the 80's I lived in Denver and then Grand Junction for about 6 years. Absolutly loved the country. I know you said you are retired from the Navy. My husband served in the Airforce for 21 years. Yea for our Veterans!

SailorRae said:
cool....I bet your sister-in-law was thrilled. I wish I had a sister-in-law as talented as you : )

·
Registered
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then it must be time to keep one for yourself!

jaykayone said:
great bags ; i'm working on a hobo bag and market tote (crochet pattern) i have felted french market bags ; they seem to be very popular and i haven't kept one for myself yet !

·
Registered
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As I said in the first post.....Interweave Knits, 2009 Spring issue, or you can buy the pattern alone on their site.
Thanks.

kat the potter said:
Wow! I love this!where did yu find the pattern?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom