Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched a good online video to help me understand short rows.
Would love to see a picture of the wrong side of short rows. I seem to have visible flat loops where the wraps occur, even though the right side looks good. Is this correct?

nmorgan

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Short row shaping appears no different on the wrong side than any other knitting. "Picking up" the wraps makes them invisible. The "darts" that appear on the inside of dresses and blouses are much more visible.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I just made a scarf with short rows. It doesn't show where I turned. It was all garter stitch. I don't know whether that makes a difference. I have a few spaces where I turned but not too visible.

josiehof

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Thanks for sharing this video. The one I used didn't clearly state that you should pick up the pearl side wrap on the front side so my finished work didn't have a clean finish on the outside of my dress.

·
Registered
9,165 Posts
nmorgan said:
I watched a good online video to help me understand short rows.
Would love to see a picture of the wrong side of short rows. I seem to have visible flat loops where the wraps occur, even though the right side looks good. Is this correct?

nmorgan
What method of short row did you watch? Check out the Japanese short row version. As with cast ons, there are a number of short row methods. Some are better than others.

Happy knitting.

:-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom