Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am confused about short rows. I've never knitted the wrap kind, but I've done short rows when I knit socks. Why the difference? I want to make a little shawl that requires wrapped short rows. I don't want to end up ripping out if I screw up. I've already received several awards for the "Ripping Out Mistakes Title."

Molly

·
Registered
953 Posts
Wrapping is a scary word for a little task.

As you are knitting along your row it will get to wrap next stitch - wherever your yarn is at that minute back or front swap it to the opposite and leave it. movethe next stitch from your left needle onto your right. Wherever your yarn is at that minute back or front swap it to the opposite and leave it. Slide the last stitch from right needle back to left, turn work and then move yarn back or front to wherever it should be.

The whole object of the excercise is to take your yarn around the next stitch so you don't get a hole.

I believe you can also go to you tube and search wrap and turn.

Gracie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom