Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not new to knitting, but beginning all over again. Looking for a easy summer short sleeve sweater pattern in a M/L size. Something that is easy to do & watch TV at the same time.
Thanks

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
I made a few for myself that were very easy and I do not have a pattern, but I will try to explain how I made them. They were both t-shirt type with the front and back pieces done the same way. I figured out how many stitches I needed to fit half way around by body and cast those on. I did stockinette stitch until I reached the length from the bottom to the under arm. I then cast on stitches on each end to make the length of the sleeve and continued in stockinette stitch until I got the length for the sleeves. Then I found the center, and cast off about 4 inches worth of stitches on either side of this for a simple neck shaping, worked a few more rows on each side and cast off all the rest of the stitches. After completing both pieces, I sewed the side seams and shoulder seams together. This has worked really well for me with a variety of yarns and textures, you just need to make sure you know your gauge for what you are using and the measurements you want your finished product to be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the reply.
Husband likes to have me in the same room while watching TV but I have to do something with my hands to keep me busy. He calls it multi tasking.... but women are able to do that, Right?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good morning!

As I read your messages, would you let me know where would be a good place to purchase yarn. I am just starting now. I was looking at wool from the Andes?!

Does anyone have suggestions. Until I stock myself with proper yarn and needles I am anxious.

Lovingly and warm

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
susanmjackson said:
I made a few for myself that were very easy and I do not have a pattern, but I will try to explain how I made them. They were both t-shirt type with the front and back pieces done the same way. I figured out how many stitches I needed to fit half way around by body and cast those on. I did stockinette stitch until I reached the length from the bottom to the under arm. I then cast on stitches on each end to make the length of the sleeve and continued in stockinette stitch until I got the length for the sleeves. Then I found the center, and cast off about 4 inches worth of stitches on either side of this for a simple neck shaping, worked a few more rows on each side and cast off all the rest of the stitches. After completing both pieces, I sewed the side seams and shoulder seams together. This has worked really well for me with a variety of yarns and textures, you just need to make sure you know your gauge for what you are using and the measurements you want your finished product to be.
geeze you make it sound so easy ! you have a gift !

:p

·
Registered
36 Posts
There's a really easy cami on Ravelry called the Ballet Cami that I just finished. It is all stockinette stitch so you can work on it easily while watching TV, but it is really pretty because it has some really easy waist shaping so it's fitted. I posted a pic of mine (jwitt33 ballet cami) and there are also pics from others who have completed it. If you do it, let me know how it turns out, and be sure to include pics on Ravelry!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
katekb said:
Not new to knitting, but beginning all over again. Looking for a easy summer short sleeve sweater pattern in a M/L size. Something that is easy to do & watch TV at the same time.
Thanks
This pattern is for a fitted, top-down, seamless raglan sweater in DK weight yarn but can easily be knit without the waist shaping:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/simple-fitted-v-neck-tee

This sweater pattern includes long sleeves but there's no reasson you can't stop at the length you want them wince it iw alwo knit from the top-down and raglan sleeved, seamless:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/simple-summer-tweed-top-down-v-neck

Hope one of these works for you. Happy knitting!

·
Registered
286 Posts
PauletteB said:
Thanks for the patterns, I was also looking for a summer top pattern,
Either of those patterns becomes a "summer" top pattern by making them short sleeved and using a "summery" yarn such a cotton, cotton/linen, cotton/silk, or some other such blend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom