Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was visiting the Amish country in Intercourse, PA, last week. By chance, I happened into the best yarn shop I have ever been in! The owner, Wendy Ellis, was so friendly and charming. I learned that she knits most of her samples herself - and, believe me, they are up-to-the-minute current and beautifully executed and displayed. While I wasn't in need of any yarn (you know - the old overstuffed stash problem), I wanted to let everyone know to visit her shop, either online at lancasteryarnshop.com or in person! Wendy is also a part of this forum, so I hope she sees this! It was such a thrill to see this lovely shop as there are so few near where I live in CA.

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
Wow! I'm going to be in that area this Saturday meeting my sister for lunch at the Plain and Fancy restaurant at 3121 Old Phila. Pike. How convenient. Hopefully I can make it there. It's about an hour from where I live.

·
Registered
195 Posts
gmomgil said:
Wow! I'm going to be in that area this Saturday meeting my sister for lunch at the Plain and Fancy restaurant at 3121 Old Phila. Pike. How convenient. Hopefully I can make it there. It's about an hour from where I live.
It's very close to Plain and Fancy. I was there in June and bought some wonderful sock yarn. Have fun!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
gmomgil said:
I hope you take time to visit the Lancaster Yarn Shop. You won't be disappointed and Wendy, the owner, is one sweet lady!!

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I second your opinion! I have been in her shop 2-3 times now. First time just to have a 'look-see', second time I just needed some stitch markers. Third time I came away with a couple hanks of beautiful sock yarn, and a couple hand dyed, lace weight baby alpaca blend hanks. The shop is clean, bright, and she is very friendly. The one time I was in there another lady was minding the store, and she was equally friendly and helpful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom