Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how the SK840 with DAK manages to set the controls that give you flipped, rotated, double length patterns etc. as the SK840 does not have a press button control panel like the SK580 or other electronics.
Thank you

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
DAK is a robust software package that will let you manipulate your stitch designs, or create your own, just like a graphic editing program. It also lets you modify the built-in garment shapes, or create your own garment pattern, and then lets you visually place your stitch design over the garment shapes, so that you can see how your design will look on the finished garment. With the 840 and the correct cable, you can also do knit from screen, where the DAK program will take you step by step by speaking to you and instructing you from casting on, shaping, starting your design, changing colors, binding off, etc.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The needles are manipulated by the carriage in a SK840. The controls on a SK560 or Sk580 bed are only a computer and card reader that sends the signals to the carriage much like DAK does in a stand alone computer. It is not like a Brother in which the bed controls the needles and the carriage just knits what the bed selects.
Steve in PA

Alloway said:
Can anyone tell me how the SK840 with DAK manages to set the controls that give you flipped, rotated, double length patterns etc. as the SK840 does not have a press button control panel like the SK580 or other electronics.
Thank you

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi I use SK840 with DAK and just by exploring the menus I once found what I think you are looking for. When you are in stitch design mode (third one down looks, like stitches, or wheat) you will see along the top: file edit zoom view modify etc. Click on modify, and in the drop-down list the bottom option is variations. Click on that, and you you get the familiar little ducks, black and white, short tall etc which you can then apply. I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it, and had to hunt for it, so I am pleased to have been reminded. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
mannie said:
Hi I use SK840 with DAK and just by exploring the menus I once found what I think you are looking for. When you are in stitch design mode (third one down looks, like stitches, or wheat) you will see along the top: file edit zoom view modify etc. Click on modify, and in the drop-down list the bottom option is variations. Click on that, and you you get the familiar little ducks, black and white, short tall etc which you can then apply. I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it, and had to hunt for it, so I am pleased to have been reminded. Hope this helps
I'm considering buying a DAK program to use with my SK860. What kind of cables do I need?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom