Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a simple cowl. I cast on 132 stitches on a size 3 US, 3.25 mm Chiagoo. Did 1 inch 2X2 rib, 6 inches stockinet in the round and 1 inch 2X2 rib to finish. So it is 8 inches tall total. Did a stretchy bind off. It will keep my neck warm. I have been looking for a way to use this baby alpaca lace yarn.

Cascade 100% baby alpaca lace color Provence held with Knit Picks undyed wool nylon blend sock weight yarn

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nanbobs said:
How many yards did you use of each? It's so pretty!
Thank you.
I used about half of each so approximately 231 yards of the fingering yarn and approximately 218 yards of the lace weight. I had 100 grams of fingering and 50 grams of the lace weight. My cowl weighs 55 grams. I can't weigh what is left of the yarn as I have started a hat to go with it. I feel I have enough for a hat too tho.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Again thanks for the lovely comments. It is blocked and ready to wear. We are having unseasonably mild weather for here so hopefully I can finish the hat too before a big storm comes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top Bottom