Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking a big chance here and going political. I cannot believe this congressman ever made the statement he did. Imagine, they reproduce and walk among us! (NOT the grannies!) So if you open the link and are offended, DO NOT yell at me. I warned you!!!!!!!!!!

Being a nurse and a psychologist, this premise of "Legitimate Rape" totally astounds me!

· Registered
8,248 Posts
He may be surprised to find out the world isn't flat :-D
That is too cute.

· Registered
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
inishowen said:
One of our politicians in Northern Ireland has just stated that rape victims should not be allowed to have abortions. They should have the baby and get it adopted.
What a way for a child to start its life. One wonders what the genetic make-up of the child would be. Would there be a predisposition to be criminal? What if the child ever found out they were a product of rape? Can you imagine what that would do their psyche? What about the poor woman's mental state the whole 9 months she was pregnant?

· Registered
2,860 Posts
There's a technique called "Endometrial Evacuation" or "Menstrual Extraction" that was popular with women's groups for self-empowerment, in the 70s.

What it means is that the woman can remove the period privately and promptly so it's on time or anything up to a month late, though she wouldn't wait that long. She can practice on a few periods until skilled.

Details on the internet, not from me.
inishowen said:
One of our politicians in Northern Ireland has just stated that rape victims should not be allowed to have abortions. They should have the baby and get it adopted.

· Registered
996 Posts
One mans ignorance dose not make a parties statement. It's unfortunate that the other party has nothing else to use but this to try and win points
Ignorance is ignorance and this man is ignorant.

The real war is with the politcal party now in office they will have all women were muslim garb soon if we don't watch out. The GOP is NOT anywhere near this mans statements or beliefs Pro- life is right in GODS eyes, but it's up to women not men to make that choice

· Registered
22,470 Posts
So glad you posted this topic. I have been debating how to bring it up here. This man and the GOP are completely dangerous. I don't like a lot of what the Dems are doing, but the GOP is waging a major, undisguised war on women and all social safety nets all in the name of large corporate and military interests. I find it hard to accept that the GOP really believes the crap they put out. But they use fearmongering and blatant lies to sell their agenda to people who don't know any better.

I think this is another political diversionary tactic to create more divisiveness and emotionality while the real issues of oursourcing jobs, forcing drugs onto the public, creating more wars of hegemonic power and resource stealing are being sidelined and kept out of the public dialogue.

It is so clear that the vast majority of the public supports a woman's "right to chose," and that forced sex is rape no matter by who.

So thanks for posting this video

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom