Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love Knitting Paradise and all it has to offer except for one thing!!.....It desperately needs a way for us to do a SEARCH!!

I've noticed many times people have made a request for..let's say a dog sweater...I cannot count how many times I've shared my patterns for dog sweaters and find I'm no longer sharing as much because I've tired of repeating this answers. If one could do a search...dog sweaters...and all posts with those words could pop up, Knitting Paradise would be about as close to perfection as it can get. I know this should be able to be done. I belong to a Yahoo forum for a dog specific breed and we can do this when we're searching for a particular subject that has appeared in a post.

How do other folks feel about this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,116 Posts
(((((((( Amen!! I'm wondering how new this site is, too. I'm in quite a few Yahoo groups, too and own one.

I've started ignoring requests for patterns as the specs one would want may differ from my own. Same with how do I do this as invariably that individual didn't do his or her own surfing. I take pity though is one says they're a new knitter.

Help requests are so generic, too that one needs to even ask: Hand knitted, crocheted, loomed, machined, which method do you use and are your right-handed....?

Frequently, a help question is thrown out like an order and with no please or thank you included. I ignore those now.

I'm finding good questions, too in chit-chat or introductions. I can't get to all the introductions so I miss some good questions.

LINKS is at the bottom of the page and I didn't find it until one day I went laying my mouse cursor over all the site checking for hot links and the 'hand' symbol will appear.....got to the bottom and there LINKS was - it doesn't say patterns - got in there and found patterns, etc. Neat area, too and as I recall it's in newest date received order versus by category. I'd have to check that again, though.

TY for bringing this topic up.
~~~~

newsable said:
I love Knitting Paradise and all it has to offer except for one thing!!.....It desperately needs a way for us to do a SEARCH!!

I've noticed many times people have made a request for..let's say a dog sweater...I cannot count how many times I've shared my patterns for dog sweaters and find I'm no longer sharing as much because I've tired of repeating this answers. If one could do a search...dog sweaters...and all posts with those words could pop up, Knitting Paradise would be about as close to perfection as it can get. I know this should be able to be done. I belong to a Yahoo forum for a dog specific breed and we can do this when we're searching for a particular subject that has appeared in a post.

How do other folks feel about this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,116 Posts
(((((((( Ah, luz ya, ADMIN!! If I could help you, I would! LOL!! Adding into an existing site is beyond me. May I buy you a cough-a-cuppy!! @@
~~~~
Admin said:
I'm working on adding a search page. A few people contacted me about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,116 Posts
(((((((( Frequently, it's in not giving up the search and also using different search parameters.

What's the pattern you're looking for and I'll peek around? Be specific, please. TY!!

Donna Rae
~~~~
loghaula said:
A huge thank you for the future search page. I am a newbie to the site and have already requested a knitting pattern with no hits.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Thank you for your reply, e.ridenh. You give excellent info. to many of us dummies. I have been knitting for many years, but am learning a whole new system as I was raised in New Zealand and didn't even know there was more than one way to knit!!! Talk about teaching old dogs new tricks :))) But I digress: the pattern I was looking for was a sweater with a scarf incorporated. The scarf came over the left shoulder (if I remember rightly) and there was a slit in the front of the sweater that the scarf threaded through. I believe it was knitted in a fairly lightweight yarn, maybe dk. I saw it in a yarn shop this last winter, but they wouldn't sell or give out the pattern without buying the particular yarn which I didn't want. I have looked in many sites but no luck. I can always go back to the shop and maybe make some notes and work it out. Again, thank you bunches for your interest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,116 Posts
(((((( I may have found one.......a reasonable fascimile, perhaps. Sehnd me a private message and I'll get it to you.

Wanna tell you how many different keyword searches I used, too! LOL!!

Donna Rae
~~~~~
k
loghaula said:
Thank you for your reply, e.ridenh. You give excellent info. to many of us dummies. I have been knitting for many years, but am learning a whole new system as I was raised in New Zealand and didn't even know there was more than one way to knit!!! Talk about teaching old dogs new tricks :))) But I digress: the pattern I was looking for was a sweater with a scarf incorporated. The scarf came over the left shoulder (if I remember rightly) and there was a slit in the front of the sweater that the scarf threaded through. I believe it was knitted in a fairly lightweight yarn, maybe dk. I saw it in a yarn shop this last winter, but they wouldn't sell or give out the pattern without buying the particular yarn which I didn't want. I have looked in many sites but no luck. I can always go back to the shop and maybe make some notes and work it out. Again, thank you bunches for your interest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
e.ridenh said:
(((((((( Frequently, it's in not giving up the search and also using different search parameters.

What's the pattern you're looking for and I'll peek around? Be specific, please. TY!!

Donna Rae
~~~~
loghaula said:
A huge thank you for the future search page. I am a newbie to the site and have already requested a knitting pattern with no hits.
I think some of us have lost the original meaning of my suggestion. I'm not talking about search engines or using them to find things, using different parameters, etc...I had suggested that Knitting Paradise have it's own search option in order to make it easier for us to find an item on a specific post or to find, let's say, scarf patterns. Didn't mean for you all to think of it as using a search engine...that's something else entirely. :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
newsable said:
e.ridenh said:
(((((((( Frequently, it's in not giving up the search and also using different search parameters.

What's the pattern you're looking for and I'll peek around? Be specific, please. TY!!

Donna Rae
~~~~
loghaula said:
A huge thank you for the future search page. I am a newbie to the site and have already requested a knitting pattern with no hits.
I think some of us have lost the original meaning of my suggestion. I'm not talking about search engines or using them to find things, using different parameters, etc...I had suggested that Knitting Paradise have it's own search option in order to make it easier for us to find an item on a specific post or to find, let's say, scarf patterns. Didn't mean for you all to think of it as using a search engine...that's something else entirely. This search option would be used to find only things that have been posted on Knitting Paradise. :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,005 Posts
newsable said:
I love Knitting Paradise and all it has to offer except for one thing!!.....It desperately needs a way for us to do a SEARCH!!

I've noticed many times people have made a request for..let's say a dog sweater...I cannot count how many times I've shared my patterns for dog sweaters and find I'm no longer sharing as much because I've tired of repeating this answers. If one could do a search...dog sweaters...and all posts with those words could pop up, Knitting Paradise would be about as close to perfection as it can get. I know this should be able to be done. I belong to a Yahoo forum for a dog specific breed and we can do this when we're searching for a particular subject that has appeared in a post.

How do other folks feel about this?
There are currently many ways to search on this site. If there is something special you or anyone would like to see, contact the admin. they are the ones who do the "search" keys, etc. They can change the programs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,005 Posts
newsable said:
newsable said:
e.ridenh said:
(((((((( Frequently, it's in not giving up the search and also using different search parameters.

What's the pattern you're looking for and I'll peek around? Be specific, please. TY!!

Donna Rae
~~~~
loghaula said:
A huge thank you for the future search page. I am a newbie to the site and have already requested a knitting pattern with no hits.
I think some of us have lost the original meaning of my suggestion. I'm not talking about search engines or using them to find things, using different parameters, etc...I had suggested that Knitting Paradise have it's own search option in order to make it easier for us to find an item on a specific post or to find, let's say, scarf patterns. Didn't mean for you all to think of it as using a search engine...that's something else entirely. This search option would be used to find only things that have been posted on Knitting Paradise. :thumbup:
ADMIN has posted an answer: They have received several requests and are working on it.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom