Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie knitter (I mostly crochet) I want to do a pattern that says: kfb, k4, k2tog, yo, k1, yo --get all that. Then it says skp, k5?? It's for a shawl. TIA for any help.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boy, are you fast!!! I didn't think it was slip because I've only seen it as sl. Makes perfect sense now thanks to you. It's for my future DIL who just found out her breast cancer is back. Want a shawl for her to use when in chemo. Thank You so much!!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
You are very welcome,
you can go to a knitting website google it and plenty will appear.and type in the abbreviations and do a search or they may even have an abbreviation list for you to download. knittingonthenet.com is one of them

·
Registered
66 Posts
Your pattern means, slip a stitch, knit 1, then pass that slipped stitch back over the st you just knitted. To do this, pick up the slipped st with your left needle, pass it over the stitch you just knitted, and off the needle. Then knit 5. There are great videos on You Tube that show the skp stitch! By the way, skp stands for slip, knit, pass.
Hope this helps!
Pat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom