Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all..... I was wondering if any of you have a pattern for a small knitted christmas stocking...I once had a pattern from one of the womans magazines but can no longer find it......I would like to make these ornament stocking for our local V.A for this up coming christmas. Thank you. Any and all for your help in sharing a pattern of this kind would be awesome Thanks again

· Registered
1,626 Posts
I have some patterns, they are Jean Greenhowe's Mini Christmas Stockings...which says it is a free pattern. If you want a copy send me your email by Private Message and I will email back. I also have a crochet pattern for some if you want that too.

· Registered
73 Posts
Use worsted yarn, size 10 (US) needles - to make a smaller stocking, use a smaller needle, like 5 (experiment with the size you want the stocking to be. I made up this pattern years ago and use it every year.)

Cast on 18 sts in white,
knit garter stitch for 4 rows
change to red, green or Christmas varigated
Do stockinette stitch for 18 rows

Then:
Knit 7, increase 1 stitch in next 4 stitches, knit 7
Purl next row
Knit 8, increase 1 stitch in next 6 stitches, knit 8
Purl 1 row
Knit 1 row
Purl 1 row
Bind off
Note: sometimes on the last K1 and P 1 rows I change the
yarn to white to correspond to the cuff. Use your imagination
to change colors. Sew up, make a loop to hang.

I am a CESA Foster Grandparent in our elementary school (10 years) and every year I make about 100 and give them as Christmas gifts to the kids in the classes I am working in (mostly 3rd grade). I put in a Christmas pencil and a small candy cane in each stocking. The kids love this!

· Registered
1,080 Posts
karen S said:
Good morning all..... I was wondering if any of you have a pattern for a small knitted christmas stocking...I once had a pattern from one of the womans magazines but can no longer find it......I would like to make these ornament stocking for our local V.A for this up coming christmas. Thank you. Any and all for your help in sharing a pattern of this kind would be awesome Thanks again
I know this is abit late but i have a pattern but have you tried the jeangreenhowe website she has a pattern for small christmas stockings. the website is www.jeangreenhowe.com

· Registered
1,080 Posts
Nurse Joyce said:
Are you certain these directions are correct?
I have just knitted 240 little christmas stocks from the jeangreenhowe website. If you go on her website and click on free patterns it is there along with lots of other free patterns to download. If not private message me and i will send you a copy

· Registered
73 Posts
Size 8 or 10 needles, Worsted: red, green white or Christmas varigated yarn. Cast on 18 stitches in white, knit 4 rows. Change yarn to red, green, Christmas variegated - whatever color you want. Do stockinet stitch for 16 rows. Knit 7 sts., increase in next 4 sts., knit 7. Purl next row. Knit 8 sts., increase in next 6 sts., knit 8 sts. Purl next row. Knit next row. Bind off Sew seam. Make a loop at top to hang on tree. I make a lot of stockings using lot of different color combinations. Use whatever size needle you want, actually. Experiment til you find what you like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom