Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a picture of a toy I recently made for a grandson. It's from Kath Dalmeny's World of Knitted Toys. The original calls for all red. I think the bright colors are not only attractive, but can be used to help him learn his colors. Also, I used yarn eyes and nothing stiff to make him stand up as the recipient is a toddler.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks :). The real irony is that I am terrified of snakes! I like him enough that I am making one for my first great grandson. It's an easy pattern and although it doesn't really show in the picture, he does have a forked tongue.

·
Registered
12,306 Posts
That snake is great and the only snake I would not be terrified of. But, I was watching the cat and cats can be very dangerous to snakes so I would watch the cat to make sure it does not pounce! Beautiful job! Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
Thanks for posting. Very nice. I have that book as well and thought that the snake is a great waya to use up some of the odds and ends of my stash while making a colorful and fun toy. Your's is great.

·
Registered
379 Posts
jeannietta said:
Thanks for posting. Very nice. I have that book as well and thought that the snake is a great waya to use up some of the odds and ends of my stash while making a colorful and fun toy. Your's is great.
Kids love the snakes! Quick & easy stash-buster!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Well, goodness me. This little fella just jumped right out at me. I don't blame you for using different colors, and what a cool way to teach colors to the little one. You did a beautiful job, and the little one is going to be delighted with this! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom