Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DH and I are thinking of spending a couple of months in Florida this winter but I don't know how to find a place to rent. We have been in Mobile Home Parks in Arizona and like them. Internet searchs turn up lots and lots of condos but no mobile home.

Anyone have any suggestions where to look?

Mary

· Registered
3,955 Posts
The last week last winter we went to a time share and I liked it better as I would go down by the pool and talk to others. The thing with the house though is it is so much cheaper to rent than paying for a condo in a hotel of time share. I need the warm weather. I would love to buy a trailer and park it in a KOA campground though. Those camps are spotless and lots of activities

· Registered
398 Posts
We stayed for a month in a mobile home park (Swiss Village) in Winter Haven last year and not a bad price for the month - here's the website: crfresales.com‎. It is a rural area, about 10 miles from the interstate but they do have a pool and daily activities.

maeve36 said:
My DH and I are thinking of spending a couple of months in Florida this winter but I don't know how to find a place to rent. We have been in Mobile Home Parks in Arizona and like them. Internet searchs turn up lots and lots of condos but no mobile home.

Mary

· Registered
318 Posts
The Villages in the middle of FL is a great place to winter. It is a senior community with over 1400 different activities going on each month. You can access a lot of their rental properties through Vacation Rentals.com. There are pools in every village, walking paths and everything is golf cart accessible. There is a wide range of restaurants such as Denny's, Chilis, Outback, Carrabas, Olive Garden, Red Lobster plus all of the country club restaurants associated with the championship golf courses.
Nancy (resident for 7 mos a year)

· Registered
141 Posts
Zephyrhills, FL has a ton of Over 55 Parks. If you want to rent for Jan and Feb, better had do it now as these are the most desired times. Good luck. These Over 55 parks are such fun in the winter,

· Registered
499 Posts
maeve36 said:

Mary
I live in a mobile home park in Venice, Fl. I would suggest you Google Chamber of Commerce in the area of Florida that interests you and they could steer you in the right direction. you could PM me if this area is to your liking. Marilyn

· Registered
8 Posts
Here is another mobile home park Orange Manor West it is in Winterhaven Florida about 4 mins south of Disney, Universal, Sea World etc. My parents wintered there and now my husband and I own the mobile home

They have sales and rentals, many activities day trips etc

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You have all been a great help. We have found a possible maybe probable in Four Lakes, Winter Haven.

Mayane, I love the swallows nickname. A rose by any other name, etc. I really like hearing all the different ways of saying things in different parts of the world.

Mary

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom