Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
55,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first started going to a knitting group about 5 years ago all the ladies were knitting fluffy animals using eyelash yarn , I got to thinking about a hat with a snowman on but bever did get to it, more recently I used a chart that I found on line a while back and knit a square with a bear on with 2 paws showing as if he was looking over a fence , so I got to thinking of a snowman hat again and this is what I came up with after a few tries at getting the right size head , still not 100 % happy with it but that's nothing new , wondering wether to leave it now or add a pom pom

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate
Sleeve Creative arts Pink Art Pattern

Sleeve Creative arts Art Wool Pattern

Toy Textile Doll Pink Creative arts

·
Registered
20,094 Posts
That hat looks pretty darn perfect to me. I love seeing your ideas come to life. It is so cute. Will you do the second one with different colors for the snowman hat or a different color hat? Christmas green would be cute. I’m curious to see how the Pom Pom vote goes.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
When I first started going to a knitting group about 5 years ago all the ladies were knitting fluffy animals using eyelash yarn , I got to thinking about a hat with a snowman on but bever did get to it, more recently I used a chart that I found on line a while back and knit a square with a bear on with 2 paws showing as if he was looking over a fence , so I got to thinking of a snowman hat again and this is what I came up with after a few tries at getting the right size head , still not 100 % happy with it but that's nothing new , wondering wether to leave it now or add a pom pom

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate View attachment 1268259
View attachment 1268258
View attachment 1268257
Adorable

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
That is an adorable snowman hat! I think I would like a pompom but not sure if it would look best on the top of the snowmans hat (would that pull the hat forward with weight?) or at the top. I always love seeing what you create (and thanks for mentioning that things don't always go perfectly the first time for you either!!)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Top Bottom