Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Michael's had a free project paper of a Bernat Snowman, I opted to try Lion Brand's Fun Fur. 5 hours projects..lol yeah right! Realizing why I usually avoid the funky yarns.

Also considering skipping the styrofoam balls, maybe try wooden dowel or chenille stem to get it upright.

Here's where I was at so far. it looks more like a tribble to me. Half tempted to ditch the snowman theme and make them glove or sock cuffs.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
The eyelash yarns are much easier to work with if you add a strand of a regular yarn with it. I am working one of Gypsycream's bears with an eyelash yarn and after working just a couple of rows, I started over with the strand of eyelash and a strand of Caron Simply Soft. Much easier! Good luck.

·
Registered
830 Posts
kacey64 said:
The eyelash yarns are much easier to work with if you add a strand of a regular yarn with it. I am working one of Gypsycream's bears with an eyelash yarn and after working just a couple of rows, I started over with the strand of eyelash and a strand of Caron Simply Soft. Much easier! Good luck.
I agree..One strand of eyelash and possibly something thin like fingering..

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I had a terrible time with the eyelash yarn at first. I tried both crocheting and knitting. Finally I tried it on a loom. That works great. I am using one strand on a KK blue loom with the e-wrap technique. I am making a long scarf for my granddaughter.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I guess I am one of those who do not have trouble knitting with the fun fur. I do not crochet with it, because you cannot find the stitches, but knitting is fine. I did make alot of the scarves with fun fur so maybe that is why I don't have trouble with it. It just might be that experience with it helps. Don't give up.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have made 4 bears. Three of the bears were with fun fur. I took the knitting needle at the end of each row and pulled up the fur the was caught under the stitches helped a lot. I am starting another on in a kind of silver and white varigated fun fur. So far the granddaughters have played and played with them and the fun fur has held up nicely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom