Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My niece just had her baby at home on August 3rd. This is her 4th baby. She is very much into being "green" and I can't fault her for that or anything else for that matter. On the day she delivered Jonathan we went to a yarn store in her town in NC. This is the wool yarn she picked out. I did the knitting and crocheting. I think they are cute. Do you?

Attachments

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Great job. Lucky baby.
Linda

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
Soooooo cute and love the buttons. The pockets are darling too. I'd be interested in the article on how to launder to help keep waterproof..... I used cloth diapers back in the dark ages, but can't imagine not needing rubber pants.... Guess I need to do a little research before GD's have kids.... my Dr. would do home birth on the second child, not the first........ how wonderful that you were there for the blessed event. Congrats to all....

·
Registered
964 Posts
Dreamweaver said:
Soooooo cute and love the buttons. The pockets are darling too. I'd be interested in the article on how to launder to help keep waterproof..... I used cloth diapers back in the dark ages, but can't imagine not needing rubber pants.... Guess I need to do a little research before GD's have kids.... my Dr. would do home birth on the seond child, not the first........ how wonderful that you were there for the blessed event. Congrats to all....
I agree, I also used cloth diapers and neede rubber pants. I've never heard about waterproofing knit diaper covers, and am also going to do some research.
I would be thrilled to have the privilege of attending/helping with a birth ---- what an amazing and truly awesome experience!!!! Congratulations & best wishes!!!

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
Love them. I have been asked to make some of them so its off to google again.. So much to do in such a little time...

·
Registered
25,149 Posts
Very cute, But do they really work,When my son was born in 1966, my husband said not to put rubber pants over his nappy,I didnt at first but it made so much work,Changing his nappy, clothes, pram and cot sheets, I have lost count of the number of times a day,Then at the baby clinc the nurse told me it was fine to use rubber pants,I didnt have a washing machine at the time all was hand washed,

·
Registered
18 Posts
I use this lanolin bar at this website hhtp://www.etsy.com/shop/lanabelle?section-id=7401938 It will last a long time. Just wash with bar don't rinse wrap in towel stand on it then lay out on table to dry. Your soaker will keep moisture away from baby, it will be breathable won't keep odor smells no need for rubber pants

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
knitteronmaple said:
I use this lanolin bar at this website hhtp://www.etsy.com/shop/lanabelle?section-id=7401938 It will last a long time. Just wash with bar don't rinse wrap in towel stand on it then lay out on table to dry. Your soaker will keep moisture away from baby, it will be breathable won't keep odor smells no need for rubber pants
Thank you! I was looking at the Etsy site and will order it. I want to send her the lanolin, instructions and little soakers as they all go hand in hand. She is using regular cloth diapers and cute little covers, but she specifically asked for the knitted type from her "ol" auntie. LOL

Thank you for the info and thank you everyone for your kind words. It's always such boost to my ego (as you all know) to hear such lovely things.

Anita

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom