Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just finished knitting my first toe-up sock and am ready to bind off. The pattern suggests a tubular bind-off, which is new to me. I did find a tutorial on YouTube, but just thought I would ask you experienced knitters what favorite bind off you use for a 2x2 rib. Any preferences?

·
Registered
759 Posts
1cleaner said:
I'm not familiar with the tubular cast off but I've found this bind off is great ..a little tricky at first but just watch the videos a couple of times.
look up stretchy bind off in you tube.

thanks for that link. I have never seen this one, but have tried it while the video was on and it is quite simple to get the hang of. I will have to try it now! Terri

·
Registered
843 Posts
Nanjean3 said:
I've just finished knitting my first toe-up sock and am ready to bind off. The pattern suggests a tubular bind-off, which is new to me. I did find a tutorial on YouTube, but just thought I would ask you experienced knitters what favorite bind off you use for a 2x2 rib. Any preferences?
http://knitfreedom.com/videos/jenys-surprisingly-stretchy-bind-off is what I use. I knit my socks on #1 needles so when I do this bind off I use a #4 DPN to do the actual bind off and love the stretch. Sheri

·
Registered
524 Posts
Wow, I just made 2 pair of toe up socks and to have a loose bind off, I used a crochet hook and just sc. I was going to mention it when I post the photos, but am doing it now. I don't have time to watch the YouTube now, it is after 11:00 pm but will put it in favorites to look at when I am ready for pair #3. Week or two.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom