Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I've finally gotten the bug to knit a pair of (basic) socks! I see on Craftsy.com that they have an online knitting class and was wondering if I should buy the class or should I just check out a few books from the library? Thanks!

·
Registered
13,670 Posts
Before you sign up for a class, check u-tube for videos on knitting socks. These might be all that you will need.

·
Registered
11,959 Posts
I agree that you should be able to tackle them without paying for a class. There are a bunch of free videos online, but I like this lady's videos. They are meant to go along with a pattern she sells, but I think just watching them to get an overview of sock knitting.

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
bellamimi5 said:
OK, so I've finally gotten the bug to knit a pair of (basic) socks! I see on Craftsy.com that they have an online knitting class and was wondering if I should buy the class or should I just check out a few books from the library? Thanks!
I just finished teaching a basic sock workshop here. The photos of some socks that were knitted are found by going to the link in my signature line. The basic sock workshop can be found at this link:
http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-108548-1.html

·
Registered
14,696 Posts
I found this pattern, looks fairly simple. Haven't tried it as of yet have too many other WIP at the moment. Hopefully can tackle those this weekend since we're supposed to have crummy weather.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes - i used Silver's sock tutorial when I first started socks - brilliant - it helped SO much - love doing them now.
But I just started knitting them;toe-up' , & once I mastered 'magic cast on' (aaarrrgghh - but I finally did - woohoo!!), I prefer them.
Good luck - they're reall fun and satisfying to make.
Terri

·
Registered
4,804 Posts

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
I'd add in http://www.lionbrand.com as it also has video as well as pictorial lessons.

I learn more when I don't get forced into a PAID for class schedule.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom