Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 1 of 39 Posts
I couldn't get the kitchener stitch when I first started knitting socks, and I used the three needle bind off. (btw - over ten years ago) While they did have a ridge, I found it to be so short, and in a spot that never bothered me. I even still have a couple pairs of those socks left! I've done the pull thread through thing - works best on sock toes that have round shaping in my opinion, otherwise I get a point that doesn't appeal to me. (that is me, you might like it). I finally got the hang of kitchener, and use it often.

Another alternative would be to try some toe up socks :)

As long as the sock fits you - that is, it is long enough when you stop, either at 8 or 10 or 12 stitches left, then you can finish it off whatever way you want to. They are your socks - and if anyone is going to stick their face that close to the toe of your foot to see, count, or criticize how many stitches you have left, well - that is their problem, not yours!!

1 - 1 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom