Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lincraft yarn is beautiful and soft to knit with, but I found that I had to use #11 needles (English dpn's)equivalent to 2.75mm as anything smaller made them too tight. Plus it is nigh on impossible to match them up and SSS was setting in, even before I had reached the toe decreasing on the first sock! So I just" bit the bullet", ploughed on and hoped for the best, so was surprised that they matched up as well as they did. Only consolation was that I had decided, that they were going to be for me, regardless of the outcome! I nearly got them matched though didn't I? Thanks everyone for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hummm no they are not really matched...the cuffs are about 4 rows short when I started the 2nd sock, so I was surprised to see how close they actually were. The colourway of the yarn is so hard to sort out, as shown in the photo of the yarn before I started to knit from the middle with it, and to find a matching "beginning" is impossible. But I was happy with the end result and although not perfect, it will do me.

jeanpf said:
Umm - they are matched, aren't they?
Awesome job????

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree and thank you so much. I chose to have Fraternal Twins this time rather than Identical Twins... but I nearly made them identical and missed slightly.

Audgran1 said:
Wether they are matched perfect or not .who's going to see them when there on .plus who cares .they are lovely

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom