Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10% mohair, 10% wool 80% acrylic

skein 550m / 100g

classical - brushed

needles 3 - 6, hooks 2 - 4.

21 st X 28 r = 10 X 10 cm sq.

Attachments

·
Registered
42,304 Posts
Just wondering when you post your yarn you don't put prices on your posts, and those you do you don't put the price in US $'s.

I haven't been on line much due to the storm but do notice this on your posts and then people have to ask, which then bumps all of your posts up.

Just wondering.

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sometimes forget the prices - that is not intentionally.
And about the conversion - I did try once to put price in all currencies- euro, US, CAN, NZ, AU and GB, but it made the post really ... not very easy to read.

And I am really deeply sorry for the storm that changed all your plans and I do hope it did not do any damage to anything important to you!

·
Registered
99 Posts
About currency conversion, I bet if you put your EUR price and a USD approximation it would be sufficient for the vast majority of us. I live in Iceland and usually pay in Icelandic krónur, but I sure don't expect you to provide that information!! I bet most of our UK and AUS members are able to do a quick rough calculation from EUR or USD in their heads (correct me if I'm wrong, folks!), as I do.

Anyway, to repeat: my guess is that giving a price in EUR and USD will help a great deal. Your yarns are terrific, by the way!

Best wishes,
Anna

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, Anna, for the compliment - on my taste!

And... note taken - if I put both prices people would know it's some translation, but not necessary the absolute correct...

·
Registered
42,304 Posts
HandyFamily said:
Thank you, Anna, for the compliment - on my taste!

And... note taken - if I put both prices people would know it's some translation, but not necessary the absolute correct...
I would put the actual price in US $'s on your post, since it seems that many people who have asked are from the US, yet I know there are others from Canada and other countries on the forum.

If they are interested and can't figure out the conversion they can send you a PM, which will cut done on the many people asking on your posts, but it would also help if your original post had prices on them, since many do not.

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What I mean is the actual price is in euro. I can't change that, since my PayPal account is in euro. And this means that any price in USD I give will be some estimate, not the exact one. The exact one would depend on PayPal's course at a certain date. And stating a price here is a sort of commitment - and currency conversion rates changes... not that much, but still...

I just want to be sure to not do something wrong - as in not the right way by means of rules - but most of all not to mislead anyone.

So, maybe if I give the price in euro and than just say how much, approximately, it is at this point of time in USD... Would this be informative enough - and not potentially misleading?

·
Registered
99 Posts
In my opinion, you're being both honest and fair if you include an approximate price in USD and state that it is an estimate only and is subject to change. After all, different banks have different exchange rates, and exchange rates change anyway, so two people buying the same product from you might actually pay different amounts, even though you receive the same amount from both.

Best wishes,
Anna

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you, Anna, for the advise - I'll do that.

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hahaha, you cough me with my pants down.
It is 5.20 euro / skein + shipping - and this is aground 6.65 USD per skein + shipping.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I can't use the angorha wish I could, it's beautiful. I just have to tell you I LOVE your nails..I'm not quite brave enough for the bright colors but next to your yarn they are beautiful.

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SDKATE57 said:
I can't use the angorha wish I could, it's beautiful. I just have to tell you I LOVE your nails..I'm not quite brave enough for the bright colors but next to your yarn they are beautiful.
If you have problems with wool you won't be able to use this one. I sometimes get some yarns which have some - but not big percentage - of wool, to try, especially something that beautiful... But it won't do. It is really soft, I don't... feel it - on the skin, but just as I was taking the pictures I did feel it with my lungs. I so want to find something that light and beautiful I could actually use myself!

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bretsfp said:
It is 5.20 euro / skein + shipping - (You are in Ohio, so - and this is aground 6.65 USD per skein. + shipping.)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom