Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, this is another yarn bought in my LYS for my mom that she didn't get to use. It is also available in burgundy.

She loved her yarns, and I have so many more boxes at my sisters that I will be sorting through.

Dreamweaver said:
Ooooh... that is gorgeous.....

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
Well, you and/or mom have excellent taste in yarn.... Sure wish my tired brain could think of a bulky project on my list of "to dos". This would also be wonderful as a weft on a weaving project. (I am still having to put all MY mom's yarn up. She just moved in near me and we have been unpacking for almost a month and still haven't tackled the sewing/loom room stuff. Don't think I'm going to find any real beauties like yours though...)

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
Well, you and/or mom have excellent taste in yarn.... Sure wish my tired brain could think of a bulky project on my list of "to dos". This would also be wonderful as a weft on a weaving project. (I am still having to put all MY mom's yarn up. She just moved in near me and we have been unpacking for almost a month and still haven't tackled the sewing/loom room stuff. Don't think I'm going to find any real beauties like yours though...)

·
Registered
42,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dreamweaver said:
Thanks for your compliments on my yarns.

I and my sister would buy my mom yarn in the LYS without a project in mind, if we liked it we bought it. I remember walking into her place with bags of yarn and she would say with this big smile what did you buy now. I would always buy 10 balls, so what ever she decided to make she would always have enough. She made a lot of scarfs and sweaters for gifts along with making lots of scarfs, hats and baby items for charity. unfortunately she didn't get to use a lot of the yarns we bought (I recently lost my mom), along with the many boxes of yarn of my own that I have.

Fortunately my sister has the room to store all of these boxes, so she brings me a few at a time to sort through to post since with my not being able to knit much there is no way I can keep all of this yarn. I am posting the yarns for way less then I paid, but just trying to get back some of the many $'s I paid for these yarns.

Mom always got the best, she was a very special , warm loving, caring person and is truly missed.

This can be very trying at times, especially when someone replies they want a yarn, I figure out the total for them and even send a invoice and then don't hear anything back from them.

I always appreciate all of your kind comments.

·
Registered
31,506 Posts
So sorry you lost your mom. This is a difficult time for you.

Love the colour of the yarn but I'm not sure what I could make with it. I'll keep an eye out for other yarns that you may be selling.

·
Registered
42,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks so much for you kind comment, I do have several other yarns posted and will be posting lots more. If you are looking for a certain weight yarn send me a PM and I will see what I might have that you would be interested in.

budasha said:
So sorry you lost your mom. This is a difficult time for you.

Love the colour of the yarn but I'm not sure what I could make with it. I'll keep an eye out for other yarns that you may be selling.

·
Registered
42,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
scottybearNSW said:
I would love to help out by buying some of your yarn, but unfortunately postage to Australia makes it prohibitive.
I appreciate your kindness, I do understand the shipping can be quite expensive.

This yarn is still available in the burgundy at the following link

http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-57578-1.html

which is another beautiful yarn.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom