Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SallyAnn said:
I hope your shoulder gets healed soon. I'm sure the yarn will go quickly. It's very pretty!! :)
Thank you.
Unfortunately I have had this shoulder and back injury for years from a fall, many surgeries and still can't move my arm much so my knitting is so limited.
This is why I have decided to sell the many boxes of yarn that were mine and the many bought for my mom she didn't get to use. I don't have room to store them so my sister, who has been storing them for me brings a few boxes at a time.

I also did many other crafts through the years, so I am slowly sorting all of the other craft items I have to sell and clean out, many that I can't post here on the forum.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Oh I'm SO sorry to hear that! Are you able to knit Continental style? I have a Greek friend that knits that way. She said she was taught that way in Greece and can't knit like I do, which is probably the English style. I'm guessing it's your right shoulder? I know about back problems. The most comfortable place for me to knit is on the recliner with the foot rest up. I will be praying for you. :)

·
Registered
42,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SallyAnn said:
Oh I'm SO sorry to hear that! Are you able to knit Continental style? I have a Greek friend that knits that way. She said she was taught that way in Greece and can't knit like I do, which is probably the English style. I'm guessing it's your right shoulder? I know about back problems. The most comfortable place for me to knit is on the recliner with the foot rest up. I will be praying for you. :)
It is the left shoulder, but the arm has very limited mobility with a butcher knife stabbing the shoulder joint 24/7. I find the knitting causes more pain and radiates down the arm into the hand, so I don't do much knitting. I do try here and there when I can.

I did a lot of charity knitting which is why I have so many boxes of yarn, along with knitting to make gifts, which my mom did also.

Thanks for your suggestion but it is knitting in general.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that. It would be awful to have pain all the time. I'm glad you're on this site. It's such a wonderful site of encouraging people. I do hope you're able to do something fun without much/any pain. I do enjoy seeing all the yarns you post for sale, but am saddened as to why you are selling them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom