Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • If you're seeing this message, it is because you do not meet the requirements to start a new For Sale thread. Members need 20 posts and 30 days registered. If you do meet these numbers, it can take up to an hour for permissions to update.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a Chance:

Mystery box contains a total of 15.6 oz of 3 different hand spun yarns.

#1. 3 skeins (total 9.1oz/256 gms) creamy beige two ply yarn.

#2. 1 skein of dark brown 1.5 ox / 43 grams

#3. 1 large 5 oz ball of thick thin taupe colored yarn.

I am offering my mystery box of handspun yarns for $18.50 + shipping.

If interested PM with zip and I will send shipping cost.

Paypal preferred but will take check or MO

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I usually do add a picture however it would not be a mystery box if I did.!

However- what I did not include is that a 4th skein of yarn[not handspun] was to be added as an extra gift. It is a very nice skein and worth 1/3 of the price I am asking.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for looking.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Hi ptober, I don't think the price of $18 ish for a pound of hand spun yarn is excessive. BUT, based on July's Craftsy blunder, people like to know what colors,etc they'll be receiving. Just a thought. Perhaps just a peak? Perhaps let the "extra skein" be a surprise.?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
taznwinston said:
Hi ptober, I don't think the price of $18 ish for a pound of hand spun yarn is excessive. BUT, based on July's Craftsy blunder, people like to know what colors,etc they'll be receiving. Just a thought. Perhaps just a peak? Perhaps let the "extra skein" be a surprise.?
You have a good suggestion - and I did put a description of the colors in the ad. Take a look and tell me if you think it has enough info about color.

As to gauge:
#1. is a bulky and with the amount and yardage would be enough to do a nice scarf!

#2. the deep brown I would consider to be worsted weight

#3. is a single ply and varies from thin to worsted-

The surprise has 440 yards.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
taznwinston said:
I read the blog about Craftsy but I believe they were asking 25 or 35 dollars and people did not feel they received value for their money.

I am offering great value for the price but the knitter who is interested must like handcrafted yarns.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I read the blog about Craftsy but I believe they were asking 25 or 35 dollars and people did not feel they received value for their money.

I am offering great value for the price but the knitter who is interested must like handcrafted yarns.
Yes this is true. I like the above post that describes a little more thoroughly what to expect. The colors and amounts seem quite fair. I hope it sells. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
taznwinston said:

Yes this is true. I like the above post that describes a little more thoroughly what to expect. The colors and amounts seem quite fair. I hope it sells. Good luck.
Thanks-

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I believe one should buy yarn from what ever source one feels gives the most value for the money. That is way I always try to make sure my deals are very good especially with the cost of shipping!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom