Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate you comment on my post. I posted it for $6 + shipping since this was bought by my sister several months ago in a LYS for $9 a ball, which was before the stores like Michael's and other craft store started selling it (if they have any in stock) or the other on line companies.

I am just trying to get back some of the many $'s we spent on yarn for my mom (she recently passed) that she didn't get to use. I have many boxes to sort through of yarn that was mostly bought in the LYS's.

My son went on line for me and their shipping up to $5 order is $3.95 shipping and if the $4.99 is plus tax then the total would be more then $5 for the order and the shipping would be for an order of $5.01 to $10.00 is 6.50 shipping.

grandmann said:
mary maxim is selling the same yarn for $4.99 plus shipping.

·
Registered
42,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As I mentioned I appreciate you posting your information re: this yarn. As I mentioned this was purchased in a LYS before it became available in the stores you mentioned.

The balls of this yarn I had were sold to someone who had posted they were looking for this yarn without even posting them, and I found three more balls in one of the other many boxes I am sorting through to post (which is very trying under the circumstances).

I decided to keep one should I be able to try to knit one of these days and decided to post the other two balls. One was sold right away and the other is sold pending payment (waiting for a money order).

Also as I have mentioned here and on my other posts, most of the yarns I am posting are from the LYS, and others are from my many boxes I have that have been stored since I moved, I had 20 plus boxes of my own yarn and now having to sort through the many others we bought for my mom she didn't get to use.

Again I appreciate your comments, but as I also mentioned I am just trying to get back some of the many $'s we spent on this yarn which we paid close to double if not more then what I am posting them for.

wannabear said:
JoAnn has Sashay on sale this week for $3.74, for those of you who want more.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The three JoAnns in my driving radius do not and have not had this yarn for months. I am told they will by mid march. However, I need to make and sell these scarves now. Had I seen this in time I would have gladly paid your asking price.

wannabear said:

·
Registered
42,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't believe there are any more of these balls of yarn in the many other boxes of yarn I am having to sort through to post, but if I do come across any others I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks

patsyruth said:
The three JoAnns in my driving radius do not and have not had this yarn for months. I am told they will by mid march. However, I need to make and sell these scarves now. Had I seen this in time I would have gladly paid your asking price.

wannabear said:

·
Registered
42,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I appreciate your posting on my post re: this yarn available at other sites and stores but,

the two balls I had available one has been sold and the other is sold pending payment.

If you saw my originals post this yarn was bought before it was available in the stores that have been mentioned and I am just trying to get back some of the many $'s spent on all of these boxes of yarn I have to sort through which can be very trying at times..

Thanks

grandmaof7 said:
Red Heart site is selling same yarn for $4.99 plus shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom