Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been a lot of requests for hat patterns lately, and I don't mean to be a nuisance with a request for another one, but I've searched for I don't know how long for a very specific pattern to no avail.

What I'm looking for is a hat pattern that's reversible but is a solid color on either side. (I.e. completely gray on the "outside" and turquoise on the "inside" ). I would prefer the hat to have earflaps, but I wouldn't mind too much if it was beret-ish. I would also like this hat to have cables. I already have the yarn picked out too, I have a skein of malabrigo rios and a skein of malabrigo worsted.

I'm beginning to believe that such a pattern doesn't exist and that I would just have to find a single color hat and just make one in each color with one knit on a size ore two smaller needles, and then sew them together. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

· Registered
237 Posts
I made reversible hats for Christmas. One pattern was crochet and it was very hard on my hands. With that one you could see the other color. I wanted heavy reversible so ended up making 2 hats, slipping one inside the other - wrong sides together - and crocheting them in place. I made them the same size with same size needles and they were fine. I don't know about cables as I'm just now trying them. Good luck

Attachments

· Registered
208 Posts
Find a pattern for a double knit hat......they are completely reversible, double layers, usually have a pattern in them but see no reason you couldn't just knit it plain in the 2 colors. Look on Ravelry at the doubleknit group......the finished projects are fantastic! I just completed the crow scarf and absolutely love it! And I really like the technique of double knitting. You get into a rhythm and it just flows off the needles.

· Registered
10,999 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom