Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
wow! neet. will do that from now on, but when i want 2 get rid of a lot, i cut them in2 strips (starting @the bottom & go around so there is one long strip about 1/2" wide or so) & crochet stuff. i've done a bath mat for beside the tub, a toilet seat cover & lid cover, tote bags. u can make anything w/these. there is some country that has taught the women 2 crochet & take donations of bags. article said they're worth mega bucks there as the women make things 2 sell 2 help support the family. any1 kno how 2 get ahold of the ppl doing this, i'd like 2 know

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Here in Montreal, you have to pay anywhere from 5 cents to 25 cents for your bags. This is the rule for a few years now. The plastic ones that they do sell with a logo on it are anywhere from $1 to $2 but they tend to rip and are not sturdy. I wish I would have saved some of my plastic ones to wrap at least the meat so it doesn't leak all over the bag and other items. I made a few out of t-shirts - the way it is fold in the link is a good idea as it is bulky to carry around these bags. I am all for recycling but I find it a bit ridiculous when people come out of the liquor store with their bottle in their hand!! I have made it a rule (to myself) to fill one bag and the rest goes back! Luckily I buy things in bulk so they won't fit in the bag anyhow!! The most frustrating thing is when you buy a toy but your bag is too small and they charge you $.25 for the bag!!! I learned to leave a few bigger bags in the trunk!! I haven't tried it yet but there are a few sites that cut the bags (called plarn) and then crochet the bags. Something to look into as my bags are getting shabby and I don't enjoy carrying a bra and underwear in my hands to the car!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom