Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
wish I was there I would love to help you, I actually like to make order of chaos, cant stand messes , especially yarn messes, nice neat ball or skeins please

·
Banned
13,778 Posts
I just hate it when it is like that... I hand it off to my husband and look through my patterns or do some laundry or dishes while he is working on it.

I guess you could say he is my yarn "unbarfer". lol

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
can I rent you to straighten out my home?? Having thanksgiving dinner here Wednesday as my children are going away Thursday and there is not a clean surface. Why, you may ask?

Because I am cleaning my office-work room and I have to take things out of here to put them back together. I am sure that makes sense to a neatnik.

rtk1219 said:
wish I was there I would love to help you, I actually like to make order of chaos, cant stand messes , especially yarn messes, nice neat ball or skeins please

·
Registered
133 Posts
My dear husband was the best at untangling yarn barf. He passed away 2 years ago.Now when it comes up I have to hide the scissors so I do not shortcut and cut the yarn. I am convinced that the yarn fairies come out at night to make these messes if they are in a bad mood. LOL!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My most recent nightmare was trying to untangle Berroco Seduce yarn, a slippery linen/viscose/silk blend that was on autopilot for unraveling and becoming hopelessly tangled. Fortunately I bought two skeins. My daughter chose it for a scarf, so I plowed forward.

·
Registered
11,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a friend who was given a HUGE box of tangled blue yarn. the box was about 3 ft by 2 feet by 2 ft and chock full of the yarn barf! She and her daughter untangled the mess for a week! She got about 6 full skeins of yarn, all the same color out of it! Plus, a huge pile of pieces that were all cut to 24" lengths. Wonder what the original person had plans for that? Possibly fringe on an afghan?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Back in the 70's I used to buy yarn at a market by the pound weight. 20 to 30 threads wound into one ball. It would take weeks to separate then I would knit mittens to raise money for a Play Group I ran.I never knew what type of yarn I was using and I knitted both mittens on the same needles so if the yarn ran out and I had to change colour they would match!! I was never happier!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom