Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24,411 Posts
vacuous said:
Thank you!
I started a mini version last night to see if I was on the right track, and my above instructions don't include that after you've finished the hood, you need to start knitting across all stitches (by picking up along the two outer edges - all the stitches you see on my needle below). Then you do the 1x1 ribbing (that's where I stopped).

I'm a little unsure about the k2togs. Do you do them here to pull in the neck before you start all the increasing of the actual cape? It doesn't really look pulled in on her photo, though.

If all else fails, a really cute free pattern was posted last night for a red riding hood cape - written in English!! :sm02:

Attachments

·
Registered
840 Posts
This was how I deciphered it -

In French:
On needle size 6
2 extra circular needles, same size or smaller (for holding sts)

Hood
Cast on 66 sts

Work 6 rows in seed or moss stitch

Continue in stockinette 20 rows

Put 22 sts on a cable needle (I recommend a circular regardless of size) - on each side.

Continue to knit the middle sts each taking place with the first ssk (use 1st slipped st as one from the holding cable on the side (as when doing the heel of a sock). At end of Middle section, knit 2 sts together (last one from the other holding cable).

Neck: Resume knitting including the sides and Work 6 rounds of 1/1 ribbing

Cape: (Edges of 6 sts in seed or moss stitch as started above, stockinette in middle)

Row 1 - K6, M1, K14; M1, K20; M1, K14; M1, K6
Row 2 - Purl

Continue knitting until desired length is reached;
Then continue without increases for 10 rounds, maintaining 6 st border in seed or moss
st.
Finish with 6 rounds of seed or moss stitch as started above. Bind Off in pattern.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It always amazes me the generosity and kindness of KP members. The hood looks so cute, I like the rounded look instead of pointy.

I think I understand now:

Cast on 66 sts. Work 6 rows seed st.

For the hood, I don't really see the need to transfer the stitches to another needle when you can just divide the sections with markers. Then just SSK at the first marker and k2tog at the second.

After the hood, I will do 6 rows of 1x1 ribbing for the nape/neck

Then proceed to increase 4 stitches every other row to desired length. Finish with 6 rows of seed st.

Thank you! Thank you! It sounds like a quick knit, and I have lots of time till middle of October. She is expecting middle of November.

·
Registered
578 Posts
In previous requests I have found no one who could translate from Spanish to English for me, so good luck. On the other hand, Oat Couture pattern BB206 is for a gorgeous Edwardian carrying cape for baby which is similar. I've given 2 of them as gifts and the praises and thanks poured in. You might want to check that pattern our as an alternative. And should you find someone who can translate from Spanish, please let me know.

·
Registered
21,212 Posts
i love the Edwardian cape. elegant and not too hard. patt on Ravelry

·
Registered
24,411 Posts
vacuous said:
It always amazes me the generosity and kindness of KP members. The hood looks so cute, I like the rounded look instead of pointy.

I think I understand now:

Cast on 66 sts. Work 6 rows seed st.

For the hood, I don't really see the need to transfer the stitches to another needle when you can just divide the sections with markers. Then just SSK at the first marker and k2tog at the second.

After the hood, I will do 6 rows of 1x1 ribbing for the nape/neck

Then proceed to increase 4 stitches every other row to desired length. Finish with 6 rows of seed st.

Thank you! Thank you! It sounds like a quick knit, and I have lots of time till middle of October. She is expecting middle of November.
Have fun! I feel exactly the same about pointy hoods. I'm keeping this one in my arsenal of good ideas!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
they say its for a baby but clearly its for a doll if i look at the above picture.... EDIT i only saw now that you did a mini version ......sorry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom