Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 12" Addi arrived in today's mail and I have a stash of fingering and sport weight yarns that I've been accumulating over the past year.

Referencing comments of a couple days ago, could you please teach a class?

I'm itching to try your sock methods, as several others have stated.

Thanks,
tatesgirl

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The needle is bent 2 1/2" back from the tip to about 3" and then there's a little more length. That makes it difficult to measure so I'd say the total length is 3 1/3" to 3 1/2"

I ordered it from Yarnbarn of Kansas last Wednesday and it was in my mailbox Saturday morning.

Once told that Designer 1234 is the one to contact about classes, I wrote her immediately and re-stated my request. I'm hoping she takes me seriously.

·
Registered
397 Posts
tatesgirl said:
The needle is bent 2 1/2" back from the tip to about 3" and then there's a little more length. That makes it difficult to measure so I'd say the total length is 3 1/3" to 3 1/2"

I ordered it from Yarnbarn of Kansas last Wednesday and it was in my mailbox Saturday morning.

Once told that Designer 1234 is the one to contact about classes, I wrote her immediately and re-stated my request. I'm hoping she takes me seriously.
Eric and I are working on a manual on his method...should be out soon!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hope you're not kidding about the manual for socks on 12" circulars. That's next on my list and I'm going to need all the help I can get.

I've been saving all the tips and hints from Sockit2me and Amyknits.

·
Registered
34 Posts
12 inch circular is ok to start but need 16 inches when you get higher up. You can use any sock pattern. Just take total divide by two that's how many stitches on each needle. Don't forget when casting on to add one extra stitch for joining. Join by having extra stitch on back needle, than put on front needle passing first stitch over the one you just put on needle that's your joining stitch. Back needle will be the heel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom