Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a spinning bee at our local fair. Lots of wheels and drop spindles. We had lots of fun and laughs!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,617 Posts
Wow...that looks like fun! I am assuming the spinners bring their own wheels? I am concerned that if I try to transport my wheel, something will break as it doesn't fold. Do they travel nicely and I am overly concerned?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I travel with my Louet, it doesn't fold. It isn't very heavy at all. At the Fiber Festival last weekend, several folks had those small, softsided, folding wagon style carts, their wheels fit right into them, very easy to transport.

Interesting - almost everyone "watching" the spinners are men. I actually bought my first wheel because of my (then teenaged) son's interest!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Cdambro said:
Wow...that looks like fun! I am assuming the spinners bring their own wheels? I am concerned that if I try to transport my wheel, something will break as it doesn't fold. Do they travel nicely and I am overly concerned?
I have a Baines wheel. It does not fold. I seat belt it in the backseat.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The men were definitely intrigued by the works of spinning. The instructors husband is there every year and helps out in any way he can. The man in the blue shirt in the background sat there the entire time just watching, when he stood up to leave he said one word "amazing". I guess it is pretty amazing, turning straw into gold!!!

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Cdambro said:
Yes, we bring our own wheels to these things (and to guild meetings). Not all wheels fold, although I usually bring my Lendrum which does. This weekend, though, I'm likely to bring Miss T's Kromski with me since many visitors to the fair want to see what they consider a traditional wheel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom