Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people just wondering how many of us have little spoilt hairy humans ( not DH ) lol, that love our knitting projects as much as we do, my youngest daughter is due to have her little bub in 3wks so i have just finished knitting my very first Teddy and proudly displayed it on the lounge so DH could see it when he came in, i then went to finish off some washing but when i returned my precious Teddy was missing, i went looking and found my little hairy horror proudly carrying it around the back yard no doubt to introduce it to the other 37 stuffed toys he has out there, i didn't know whether to laugh or cry, i tried to salvage it but he had already pulled some threads, so now the race is on to get another one made in 3wks, on the bright side i can say he has good taste.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Oh my gosh that is tooo funny, I afraid my spoilt one would make off with it too given the chance, she is a sheltie, and I just had to retrieve my sock yarn from her , she was carrying it off to somewhere,, up high and doors closed are what we should do but somehow don't have the heart to...

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a little Yorkie that would be a happy assistant to your friend. She wrapped a ball of yarn around her when a tiny puppie and now she is almost 3 and loves to unravel balls of yarn.It makes me a bit mad but then she looks at me with those brown eyes and-----.lol Good luck with your next Teddy,thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I truly feel for you!! I have 3 little "Knitting Supervisors". The only way to keep them away from my knitting is closed cabinets, a 6' bookcase is no challenge for them at all. They have "assisted" with many projects, often not in a positive way. The last bit of assistance meant that I had to frog an almost completed large Nadira shawl.

Good luck making a new bear in time.

·
Registered
238 Posts
When I'm knitting an afghan. MH horror loves to lay on it while I'm knitting. Have to move hove him when I turn the work. Thank the knitting gods gor circs, otherwise I would be picking up dropped stitches constabtly.

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
Ooops we all seem to have the same problem, our hairy horrors hate being ignored when we disappear into our knitting worlds. My jack russell just ups and leaves with the ball of wool if I have slipped away when knitting and he gets fed up being ignored lol

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I've never had trouble with cats and knitting but I have now acquired a new cat (Abby - see my avatar) who sees everything as a potential toy especially my beautiful Gypsycream bears and bunnies. They have now had to be relegated to a box! Abby is so loving and gorgeous that I have to forgive her. I definitely know who trains who in my family!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I have a springer spaniel who is sooo spoiled that if I don't pay attention to her she grabs some knitting tool off of my table and shows it to me before she trys to chew it. My whole family laughs at me and says she the queen of my house. She's training me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i have dogs they are the love of my life 14,13, 12, 11, anfd 6 yrs old the young one would urinate on it he marks every thing a piece of paper falls to the floor and he marks it so i have to be very careful of everfy thing and i spend every waking min in ther kitchen as they cannot come in the other part of the house my only tv and radio and etc are in the kitchen love those dogs

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
sandra fay bell said:
Hi people just wondering how many of us have little spoilt hairy humans ( not DH ) lol, that love our knitting projects as much as we do, my youngest daughter is due to have her little bub in 3wks so i have just finished knitting my very first Teddy and proudly displayed it on the lounge so DH could see it when he came in, i then went to finish off some washing but when i returned my precious Teddy was missing, i went looking and found my little hairy horror proudly carrying it around the back yard no doubt to introduce it to the other 37 stuffed toys he has out there, i didn't know whether to laugh or cry, i tried to salvage it but he had already pulled some threads, so now the race is on to get another one made in 3wks, on the bright side i can say he has good taste.
I have three kitties who love my knitting, my yarn, and especially my point protectors and stitch markers. I have to put everything away just to leave the room for a couple of minutes.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have a 1 yr. old great grandson. I don't give him anything stuffed anymore because he shares with their 4 mo. old Grand Pyranese. I told my GD that I was making GGS a bear, but he is going to live at my house. She understands perfectlyLOL!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Judithlynn said:
I have a 1 yr. old great grandson. I don't give him anything stuffed anymore because he shares with their 4 mo. old Grand Pyranese. I told my GD that I was making GGS a bear, but he is going to live at my house. She understands perfectlyLOL!
Gd"s and ggd's plus our furry horrors mixed with knitting. LOL, it makes for never a dull moment. Either laughing or crying. But hopefull more laughter.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
SeattleSoul said:
I have 2 cats so probably don't have to say more than that. They're not very interested in playing with the yarn but are very insistent about sitting on my lap which means sitting on top of my knitting.
Every thing I knit is unique, in that it always has cat hair somewhere in it. Can't keep Greyson, my 20 lb. tabby out of my lap when knitting. He also loves to knead on mohair yarn. Not much help with him around. But he is such a sweetie I can't make him go away. So he and my Chiweinie dog share my lap. While I admit it is a generous size lap, it runneth over with fuzzies.
knittykitty

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom