Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess I got to cocky, just had to frog it. Luckily it was only 3 rows. I don't know what happened, had a big loop. I think maybe my circulars are a bit too long. I thnk it was just a very loose stitch because I didn't keep the stitches close together. At least now MAYBE I'll cast on the right number. Good practice for a beginner!!! I'm determined to get it right. I'm a perfectionist and its a gift, so I want it to look nice.

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
Oooops... Happens to us all.... (but you really should go back to your original post so that people know what you are talking about) Just go to top of page and click on My Topics to find your post if you are a little lost... The blanket is going to be beautiful and practice makes perfect!!!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I frogged a baby size blanket a few days ago,, its a sampler of crochet stiches to practice on,, i discovered a loose stitch about a quarter way into it and i didnt know how to fix it..so i frogged it.. i was almost 2 skiens of red heart thru... lol when i was thru i had this wayyyy big ball of yarn ;)

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
to "rip it" back...saying it sounds like "ribbit" ... the sound a frog makes.

Also, "tink" is to unknit one stitch at a time or "knit" backwards.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Before I start knitting on a yarn that is loosely plied I use a nail board and make sure I do not ha have any snags on my nails. If I do I use the board and smooth it out till I can't feel the snag and then test it on something to see if it still catches when running my nails over it. I use extra fine nail boards that are a 3 board set . One is for smoothing, the 2nd board is for conditioning and the 3rd board is for shine. I also use some non greasy hand lotion to smooth my skin out if it is a little rough feeling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom