Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, finally i got my lk 150 studio knitting machine which i think was bad deal though lol as i got it for a bit over 200$ plus shipping and few days later on another website one sold for 116 plus shipping .anyways now i want to replace the sponge bar as it is completely deteriorating, i keep looking to get one online but it seems more for metal bed with adhesives, plus i watched vedioes for Roberta Rose Kelly changing sponge bar for lk 150 And another for kx 350 and suggested the weather seal strip ? I know these are much less expensive in home depot but which one to use? I mean for thickness and lenghth ? Another DIY Suggested foam from Joaan's craft store but which density low or high ?
One last thing is that the machine me ght travel overseas and its lenghth in box is not allowed , i know you can take it off pieces but how yo wrap to keep safe any tips?
Thank you for your help always

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GrammaAnn said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sponge-Strip-Bar-All-Gauge-Silver-Reed-Singer-Studio-Empisal-Knitting-machines-/111451703636

I ordered this one - works perfectly, reasonably priced and no worry I have the wrong one. :sm01: Ann
Yes i saved this one my watch list but still asking about weatherstripping , have you ever tried ? Thx

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
alan.codyre said:
I have changed the sponge on LK150 and Brother 350 by tying a ravel cord to the old sponge and pulling it out and tying the cord to the new one and pulling it through. As long as it is tied very close to the end it is no problem. Ravel cord seems to be strong enough. Just make sure the machine is on such an angle that the needles don't fall out. Take off the end plates and it is no problem. 10 minutes tops.
Thank you for this great tip it looks easier than removing all needles

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
randiejg said:
Personally, I'd never put weather stripping in a machine. I know lots of people do, with okay results, but as someone who has had to clean up the mess where the weather stripping basically melted in the channel making it extremely difficult to get the sponge bar out, then clean the channel (days and days of frustrating work), I would never put it in my LK-150.
Personally im very new to knitting machines . So that is why i ask for advice thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom