Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,775 Posts
And if you're not in the US, it would be helpful if you state which country you're in so others could help you out. We have members in UK, New Zealand, Australia, Vietnam and other parts of the world.

· Registered
558 Posts
I just bought one from Distinctive Knits and the service is great and the price with shipping is great. I was at a knit in last month where we were taught how to properly clean our machines. The person doing the training has been in the knitting machine repair business for many years and the subject of remaking the sponge bars came up. He informed us that it is not a good idea. The foam will deteriorate a lot faster than the foam that the sponge bars are made of. It is a different type of foam. The investment we have in our machines is not worth the risk of damage from a remade sponge bar.

· Registered
1,895 Posts
needletek is another one as well as Newtons.

KateWood said:
If you are in the US try;
theknittingcloset.com
distinctiveknits.com
& leanneco on ebay
others will advise who their favorite suppliers are also.

· Registered
10,430 Posts
brucew said:
I just bought one from Distinctive Knits and the service is great and the price with shipping is great. I was at a knit in last month where we were taught how to properly clean our machines. The person doing the training has been in the knitting machine repair business for many years and the subject of remaking the sponge bars came up. He informed us that it is not a good idea. The foam will deteriorate a lot faster than the foam that the sponge bars are made of. It is a different type of foam. The investment we have in our machines is not worth the risk of damage from a remade sponge bar.
I agree with this. I don't think that it is wise to cut corners trying to save a few pennies when you consider the cost of the machine.

· Registered
403 Posts
Susieknitter's advice is totally correct. False economies don't pay - so many machines have been damaged in this way and so few are being manufactured to the standard we have learned to expect that before too long most people will be priced out of the quality machine market.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom