Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you recommend for spray for bottom of knitted slippers to keep from skidding? Do you have a brand to recommend and where do you purchase?? Hardware or craft store? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used Performix Super Grip on slippers I made for last Christmas. I was warned to not use too much. It worked well, but wore off after a while, so it does need to be reapplied occasionally. Be sure to do it in a well ventilated area and allow 8-12 hours to dry completely. I found it in the local hardware store (Home Depot did not carry it).

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
I use puff paint on slippers, dorm socks, small rugs, etc. I like to buy the color assortment (Amazon has lots of options), so I can find colors that work well for the item. Just squeeze a bead here and there in a pattern, let dry, and it's ready to go. Washes well, too.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Try Fiber Lok. I ordered mine from Walmart on line. It is used for the backs of rugs to make them not skid. You paint it on the bottom. It is water soluble so the clean up is easy. You might want two coats.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom