Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
Rookie shared a couple of these in straight and cirular and I am enjoying them. I think that DPN's would really be lovely, as they wouldn't roll around, the yarn would slip less and I hear that they give a nice tension. I'm going to try a pair for sox...... I'll be interested to see what you think.....

·
Registered
52,664 Posts
I've used them for socks and mittens- they are great to work with (in fact Dreamweaver in this weeks Tea PArty I think it is I have posted fingerless mittens in progress on them- only because Lurker had commented that I would use magic loop for mittens and so I had to show her what I was knitting on right then and there!) And if not this week than last week. Have also used Kollage circular with an extremely flexible cord that I don't like and a join that is not smooth. However They do have a new circular which I believe addresses both these issues- again I love the feel of the needle part on my hands.

·
Registered
41,678 Posts
KnitPro - now has cubic circulars and straights and I like them better than the Kollage metal needles - but they are comparable to the Kollage wooden ones. I'll have to check to see if Kollage has come out with their circulars in the same wood as their straights....and hope their DPNs are made of that material also.

darowil said:
I've used them for socks and mittens- they are great to work with (in fact Dreamweaver in this weeks Tea PArty I think it is I have posted fingerless mittens in progress on them- only because Lurker had commented that I would use magic loop for mittens and so I had to show her what I was knitting on right then and there!) And if not this week than last week. Have also used Kollage circular with an extremely flexible cord that I don't like and a join that is not smooth. However They do have a new circular which I believe addresses both these issues- again I love the feel of the needle part on my hands.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I have Kollage square circulars for knitting socks. They have the sharpest points ever! I thought Knit Picks were pointy but these are exceptionally pointy, I've already poked my finger and I just started a pair of socks. The square needle is very comfortable. You're going to love them, but watch out for those points.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AllyMu said:
I have Kollage square circulars for knitting socks. They have the sharpest points ever! I thought Knit Picks were pointy but these are exceptionally pointy, I've already poked my finger and I just started a pair of socks. The square needle is very comfortable. You're going to love them, but watch out for those points.
I totally understand what you are saying about the points on the needles ..I worked with them today and I agree they are super pointy. It took me a while to figure out how to work with them and now I love them...once your used to how to control them..they are awesome. I decided to put a needle stop on the end of the first needle, then I know when my row is complete. I usually just use the tail but now it's even easier to know when that row is complete..and your right...watch out for those points.. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
darowil said:
I had the Kollage flexible cords and tried them for magic loop. First they were too flexible, very floppy and second the join was awful. I got them online at a sock site (can't remember which one) and they stated they wouldn't accept returns on needles. What to do? I emailed Kollage and they said the circulars were made overseas and that they would be moving the manufacture to the states in a few months. Kollage was unhappy with the workmanship. Marc sent me a new pair with the firm cable and the cable was great, but the join still bad. He promised to send me a pair manufactured in the US as soon as the US location was completed. Now after 6 months or so, he contacts me and is ready to send out the new circulars. I explained that he already sent me a free pair, but he said "A promise is a promise" and he sent the new ones. They are fabulous. The cables are the firm, which is the same as Addi and KnitPicks and the join rivals both of them. I am very pleased with Kollage customer service and the new needles.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AllyMu said:
darowil said:
I had the Kollage flexible cords and tried them for magic loop. First they were too flexible, very floppy and second the join was awful. I got them online at a sock site (can't remember which one) and they stated they wouldn't accept returns on needles. What to do? I emailed Kollage and they said the circulars were made overseas and that they would be moving the manufacture to the states in a few months. Kollage was unhappy with the workmanship. Marc sent me a new pair with the firm cable and the cable was great, but the join still bad. He promised to send me a pair manufactured in the US as soon as the US location was completed. Now after 6 months or so, he contacts me and is ready to send out the new circulars. I explained that he already sent me a free pair, but he said "A promise is a promise" and he sent the new ones. They are fabulous. The cables are the firm, which is the same as Addi and KnitPicks and the join rivals both of them. I am very pleased with Kollage customer service and the new needles.
That is awesome to hear about the customer service..that is so important..thanks for sharing that...

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
AllyMu said:
darowil said:
This is great! Customer service is back in the U.S.A. So many companies today, just say, "tough nuggies" and leave you frustrated. Glad to hear it. When I am ready to buy needles, I will keep their name on the top of my list. thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
52,664 Posts
AllyMu said:
Maybe I should contact them, so what happens.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom