Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 14yo son is a brat! He does not want a crochet blanket because it has too many holes and to do a crochet blanket without holes is boring! So since i am learning to knit i thought that dishcloth squares sewn together will make a great solid blanket. The picture squares will be mixed with stitch practice squares. And since he cares not about most colors I am using stash yarn mostly red heart super saver After an hour of looking through patterns on KPC with the boy he picked out a few, chose some colors and gave me my marching orders. Here is square one Ducky

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
OMG! I am doing the same thing for a friend of mine who is expecting baby. Half have animals on and half will have letters or numbers on them. Great minds! :)

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I think it's a great idea, your first square is terrific. You're probably lucky he gave you any input. Most boys that age all you get is a blank look or "I dunno".

·
Registered
169 Posts
This is such a great idea, I used washcloth patterns of the whole alphabet found on ravelry, then used a couple of patterns footprint, truck,and # 1 to complete for my Nephews 1st birthday, will take a pic before I send it up north, was fun to do, and big enough for twin size bed so will be able to use for awhile.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I posted my blanket of dishcloth squares last week and I got most of my animal dishcloths from Ravelry, but remember when you go to the pattern search enter 'free dishcloth patterns' making sure the word dishcloth is one word and not two. For some reason you get pages and pages if you do this. With two words, not half as much. Don't know why

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom