Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of people have messaged me asking where I got the pillow cases for which I made crocheted edgings. The stamped pillow cases were all gifts to me, and here is a link to a provider of that particular brand of stamped pillow cases:

http://www.123stitch.com/Embroidery_Patterns_Kits_By_Jack_Dempsey_Needle_Art.html

There is a set of stamped pillow cases that have a brown basket on them. I have that set with all of the floss and have been searching for small crocheted baskets or basket edgings. So far I think I will have to use a small crocheted basket of my own design that is similar to the one in the embroidery design, and make that into an edging.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shel01 said:
Thanks for the link, I have a friend who loves embroidering cushions, but the only one's she's found are over £35.00 per cushion, and that doesn't include the floss
An inexpensive resource for pillowcases or cushions, is the iron-on transfers for quilt blocks. A lot of those have sprays of flowers, or baskets, or butterflies, or whatever it is that you enjoy. Often they have a list of floss brands and colors to help with the design. There are also on-line vendors who sell the vintage iron-on transfers that are specifically for pillow cases. One fun thing to do is to make the pillow cases out of a print, with a band of white fabric where the embroidery will be, and then edge them with some lace made from thread that matches a color in the print. Here are some tea towels that are made in a similar way:

http://www.amazon.com/Crab-Apple-Hill-PATTERN-Embroidery/dp/B00DXZGI0A

These tea towels are embroidered, have a band of print, and have an insertion of ric rac. I have a stash of vintage cotton ric rac and a pile of high quality flour sack tea towels. I just need to collect my prints, and if you notice, the prints have at least a button hole stitch around the bottom edge. My plan is to add crocheted lace there. A small lace so that it doesn't detract from the embroidered baskets.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
just another thing I love about KP is "you never know when you will find a treasure"....it's not just about knitting, which I happen to love, but other topics & interests thrown in. Loved the sites for the pillowcases. Over the years I have done macrame, counted cross-stitch, embroidery, & knitting. Would love to do some of these pillowcases....."if I could ever finish my knitting WIP's.....LOL!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
wyldwmn said:
A lot of people have messaged me asking where I got the pillow cases for which I made crocheted edgings. The stamped pillow cases were all gifts to me, and here is a link to a provider of that particular brand of stamped pillow cases:

http://www.123stitch.com/Embroidery_Patterns_Kits_By_Jack_Dempsey_Needle_Art.html

There is a set of stamped pillow cases that have a brown basket on them. I have that set with all of the floss and have been searching for small crocheted baskets or basket edgings. So far I think I will have to use a small crocheted basket of my own design that is similar to the one in the embroidery design, and make that into an edging.
You could use graph paper to draw your design, add the cross stitches and use transfer pencil to iron onto your fabric.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CaroleJS said:
You could use graph paper to draw your design, add the cross stitches and use transfer pencil to iron onto your fabric.
I have a free program that makes graph paper with different sizes of squares, which I like a lot, and while mostly I've used it for filet, I've also used it when I'm sketching a regular pattern, for like edging, especially when I'm trying to create a pattern to make a corner for a particular edging.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom